Opinions of WINN GARDENS please

Don't go there, it was flooded in 2007 so you will not get home insurance.

Winn Gardens - has got a bad name - so stay away !

Also look on Youtube at the floods there . id say avoid

:loopy: every estate has good and bad points, can i just remind everyone of that!!

winn gardens may have some undesierables but also alot of very nice warm hearted people who have grown up on there and are very friendly!!

so yes maybe it does have a bad rep and it did flood a few years back but dont all be so quick to slate it as id say now a'days every estate has teen mums,crack heads, weed smokers aswell as the curtain twitching old ladies and the old man off to paper shop with the little dog!! :hihi:

it just depends on the kind of person you are if you are out going and dont care what people say and think then you will fit in if you are stuck up and posh then no you wont its ok if you fit in there just one big famly there every ones the same most are one parent most are unmarried and most have lots of kids

:loopy: every estate has good and bad points, can i just remind everyone of that!!

winn gardens may have some undesierables but also alot of very nice warm hearted people who have grown up on there and are very friendly!!

so yes maybe it does have a bad rep and it did flood a few years back but dont all be so quick to slate it as id say now a'days every estate has teen mums,crack heads, weed smokers aswell as the curtain twitching old ladies and the old man off to paper shop with the little dog!! :hihi:

What about curtain twitching nude men?:suspect:

And just look at how it helped their spelling!

your a bully..

every estate is 50/50 and I worked with a girl from Totley and she could not spell.. she even went to private school... nothing to do with where someone is from!

I'm sure there are some nice warm-hearted friendly people on the Winn Gardens estate. Unfortunately it's not them you have to worry about.

Winn gardens isn't a great place for kids. I wouldn't live on there.

id stay away from there, i know someone who lives on there an doesnt have trouble anymore cos his dad is a nutter an beaten half the estate up cos of the trouble they had over the years. also a couple of years ago a disabled man was beaten up so badly he died, an all he did was visit a friend on there an walk to the tram stop at the top of the estate, the lads who did it lived on there an did it because they was bored an knew he was an easy target. im 27 an wouldnt wanna live on there an im no push over either so id stay well clear.

I worked as a warden for sheff homes, I met some real great people on winn, as a kid i had mates that lived there, my brothers wife is from winn... its no better or worse than many other estates... i know it inside out... life is what you make it, go down for the day walk round talk to locals etc.. if i was to say one thing negative id say... the best people want to move, sheff homes does naff all to make any real changes, its all cost effective... makin a place look tidy does not clean out the rats... :rolleyes: i could think of worse places to live... i attended alot of the Neighbourhood Groups and to be honest, a lot of it is tit for tat, well was bk then anyway... to me its just a built up run down area that needs money spent in the right places something that the dicks who manage the estate dont do cos their hands are cut off because of lack of investment...

I worked as a warden for sheff homes, I met some real great people on winn, as a kid i had mates that lived there, my brothers wife is from winn... its no better or worse than many other estates... i know it inside out... life is what you make it, go down for the day walk round talk to locals etc.. if i was to say one thing negative id say... the best people want to move, sheff homes does naff all to make any real changes, its all cost effective... makin a place look tidy does not clean out the rats... :rolleyes: i could think of worse places to live... i attended alot of the Neighbourhood Groups and to be honest, a lot of it is tit for tat, well was bk then anyway... to me its just a built up run down area that needs money spent in the right places something that the dicks who manage the estate dont do cos their hands are cut off because of lack of investment...

well said :thumbsup:

as i said before you have to fit in but my post has been removed for some reason i said it as it is as i know because my daughter lives on there shes quite happy now will you please put my post back on then they will know what i am on about it was not offencive

Hi Molly75, we have lived on here just over 20 years, yes there has been trouble and police about on occasions, but like has already been said u get that on most estates, we love it on here, we know all our neighbours by first name, they would do anything 4 you. Do you know if it is a maisonette you will be looking at if so there is one empty on our block and the one opposite, they are very nice and been modernized, you would be most welcome :)