Relegation battle for the Blades

I thought I'd open up a thread to possibly discuss the rest of the season. Looking pretty grim, I think you would all agree

2 players sent off today (vs Ipswich) is an absolute joke :loopy: Kozluk can do one as far as I'm concerned, we can find plenty of players who can throw the ball. I'd even take Bromby with open arms.

Discussing, during the game, against Leicester, we were 1 nil down at the point of discussion, that it seems madness that players such as Montgomery, and Kozluks and to some extent Quinn, are getting games under the belt, with what seems to be far less technical ability, compared to the rest of the bench/team/league. Could it be this which ultimately sends us down?

Now I know form counts for a lot of it and for a team to work they have to be a unit which means you can't single out one player, and I would have said Yaetes is one of our better players, yet still seems to be skying vollys, even in warm up at half time. There's just such a lack of confidence at home. Evans looks to be sharper, but the rest of the team are nowhere. One goal goes in, which ultimately is going to happen against us, and its head down, sulking for the rest of the game.

The refs can't be blamed for this, United haven't been taking chances, we had more than enough opportunities to demolish Leicester and Norwich for that matter.

Missing Morgan, and thats something I wouldn't think I would have been saying for quite some time.

Big push for the rest of the season, UTB.

Not really a battle to be had its more of a push over the edge of a cliff really.

You honestly think it's the end of the line? I'd like to disagree, but it seems that we can play averagely better than the opposition, yet still come away with diddly.

The luck isnt there nor is the attacking quality infront of goal to finish the chances we create. All very well creating chances but no good if you have a striker who hasnt scored in 2 years hanging around in the box.

I thought I'd open up a thread to possibly discuss the rest of the season. Looking pretty grim, I think you would all agree

2 players sent off today (vs Ipswich) is an absolute joke :loopy: Kozluk can do one as far as I'm concerned, we can find plenty of players who can throw the ball. I'd even take Bromby with open arms.

Discussing, during the game, against Leicester, we were 1 nil down at the point of discussion, that it seems madness that players such as Montgomery, and Kozluks and to some extent Quinn, are getting games under the belt, with what seems to be far less technical ability, compared to the rest of the bench/team/league. Could it be this which ultimately sends us down?

Now I know form counts for a lot of it and for a team to work they have to be a unit which means you can't single out one player, and I would have said Yaetes is one of our better players, yet still seems to be skying vollys, even in warm up at half time. There's just such a lack of confidence at home. Evans looks to be sharper, but the rest of the team are nowhere. One goal goes in, which ultimately is going to happen against us, and its head down, sulking for the rest of the game.

The refs can't be blamed for this, United haven't been taking chances, we had more than enough opportunities to demolish Leicester and Norwich for that matter.

Missing Morgan, and thats something I wouldn't think I would have been saying for quite some time.

Big push for the rest of the season, UTB.

We need to at the very least tighten up at the back - although with Kozluk's sending off that's another we'll be missing for a while. At the moment we're looking certainties to go down with the doomed Preston and Scunny, especially now Palace have found form and signed a good goalscorer at this level in Vaughan.

This four point gap needs to be closed asap, Bristol City are struggling this year, and Boro could easily get dragged back into it - but can't see Ipswich staying near the bottom much longer.

looking grim for your lot, depleted squad with donuts making it even worse by getting sent off! nothing goes for you when your down there (we found out last season) struggle to see where your next win is going to come from. doesnt help with palace having a very god home record at the minute picking up a few points. from an owls perspective, happy days :) from a sheffield football perspective, oh dear!

There is so many issues to call upon, such as lack of a player who can bury the ball in the back of net. But defence has been shambolic. There is nobody who can head the ball either, set pieces have been woeful. Players such as the Steads, the Hulses, The Halfords, who could get stuck in and win headers. Bent has had nothing, and Cresswell is generally sulking out on the wing. I think earlier in the season, the average height of the Blades was about 5'8..maybe shorter...says it all

Cheap option Adams will get United relegated, his signings and team selections will ensure this.

The board have got to sort this out now or with division 1 football and crippling debts will see the blades go into administration.

Cheap option Adams will get United relegated, his signings and team selections will ensure this.

The board have got to sort this out now or with division 1 football and crippling debts will see the blades go into administration.

Administration wont happen though unless McCabe wants to lose his money and I think he is happy getting the Tevez money into his bank account at the moment.

There is so many issues to call upon, such as lack of a player who can bury the ball in the back of net. But defence has been shambolic. There is nobody who can head the ball either, set pieces have been woeful. Players such as the Steads, the Hulses, The Halfords, who could get stuck in and win headers. Bent has had nothing, and Cresswell is generally sulking out on the wing. I think earlier in the season, the average height of the Blades was about 5'8..maybe shorter...says it all

Should never had let Jon Stead go, I always thought he was a good player.

We're in freefall. It will only end one way at this rate and that isn't good. I just can't see us turning this one around. League One here we come!!:(

i dont think they have it in them to fight

league one here we come

blade for life