Robbie William's latest pop offering...

I don't like Robbie Williams. I didn't mind some of his stuff when he first went solo, but he just seems to get worse and worse. But he's got such a huge following that I swear he could record himself farting and it would sell millions of copies!

I think he's just got lazy. He doesn't seem to have any passion left for it anymore. I felt very gratifed when I saw that the Sugerbabes had held onto the number one spot, becuase I thought it was a forgone conclusion that Robbie would knock them off. Not that I have a particular love for the Sugarbabes, but I just think they are more deserving of a number one than Robbie.

I particularly hate the bit in his new single where he "raps". He seems to have developed a bit of a habit of doing this - and he sounds so silly when he tries to do it!

Uh oh - I can't believe I'm weighing in for another music debate on the same thread as Star Sparkle!

***Nervously waves a white flag :thumbsup: ****

Originally posted by StarSparkle

PPS I'm not a Robbie fan, by the way - but I do recognise the guy has a certain something.

Yes and he usually gets it by inhaling it.

It truly amazes me that people who have otherwise good taste in music can like Robbie Williams. He has a horrible whiney voice and his songs are contrived in a very dubious fashon by nicking lines and tunes from proper artists.

I can only imagine that he is famous because he was on neighbours, or his gay lover was someone from radio1.

Originally posted by muddycoffee

Yes and he usually gets it by inhaling it.

It truly amazes me that people who have otherwise good taste in music can like Robbie Williams. He has a horrible whiney voice and his songs are contrived in a very dubious fashon by nicking lines and tunes from proper artists.

I can only imagine that he is famous because he was on neighbours, or his gay lover was someone from radio1.

Oooh bitchy, Muddy! :hihi: Very harsh :P

StarSparkle

Originally posted by JBee

I particularly hate the bit in his new single where he "raps". He seems to have developed a bit of a habit of doing this - and he sounds so silly when he tries to do it!

Uh oh - I can't believe I'm weighing in for another music debate on the same thread as Star Sparkle!

***Nervously waves a white flag :thumbsup: ****

Good to hear from you, JBee! No need for a white flag :D We've all got our own opinions.

:wave: in a friendly fashion to JBee

StarSparkle :)

PS I cannot BELIEVE you said the Sugababes are more deserving of a No 1 than Robbie :o:gag::D

A certain Mr Chambers penned Angels

No he didn't

Most vomit inducing moment of the year ( apart from an accident with a bottle of absynth) was the fat tap dancer from stoke telling the world how he had no idea that when he wrote Angels it would go on to be such a classic.

He didn't write it and neither did Guy Chambers. It was a pub singer in dublin who robble got ****** with and robbie ripped the song off him. ( he did pay in the end)

On the cd single from the first issue the real writers name is on it. On the album it says robbie wrote it. The real writer missed out on all the royalties due to him from the album sales.