Robbie William's latest pop offering...

called Tripping...

I just cannot stand it....

Listening to it feels like torture. I can usually take or leave him, but this latest 'tune' really seriously vexes me - I'm actually stunned at how much.

I work somewhere with a radio on, and when it comes on (about 20 times a flippin day!!) I have to turn it off quickly.

Am I alone?

I absolutely LOVE this!!

I go round singing it all the time!

When I first heard it, I'd no idea who it was, but went out of my way to find out cos I thought it was brilliant.

Best single of the year far and away - along with Oasis "The Importance of being Idle" - can't choose between them.

StarSparkle :)

PS Thought the video was awful though :gag:

Rock DJ was the only song of his I liked, and the video was cool.

I told my mates that i hated this song sooo much when i first hear it.But now it has grown on me and i like it now.I dont know why but i think it a fab song,I probly hear it too many times now on radio or tv and now im brainwashed.

It sounds like he's makin the melody up as he's going along. The rap "middle 8" section is plumbing new depths even by Robbie's standards.

I think it's brilliant! I thought his last single was a bit weak to be honest but he's made up for it with this one. :clap:

I don't really like him or the tunes except come undone, but i do like that little kid in the recent video singing, thats quite funny.

Can anyone tell me if this is a cover?? It just sounds so familiar.

Originally posted by Foxxx

Dunno, because he tries to pass covers off as his own... Like She's the One.

The single is awful... even worse live. Why is he trying to hit those notes?!? And rapping in a stoke accent is never gonna sound cool I'm afraid.

Originally posted by Foxxx

Ofcause it isn't - it's another podgy-boy-from-Burlsem-got-lucky mongrel. It's bits and pieces of other people's music pasted together yet no doubt carrying a 'composer' credit of Robbie Williams.

Don't make me laugh; the guy can't even write his name.

And yet, he's the best this country has to offer, apparently.

The guy's had his Ringo moment. A certain Mr Chambers penned Angels, Robbie put a decent vocal on it and that's it.

He's trash music for a trash audience (who are happy to stay with his 'safe' musak).

Oo-er.

Originally posted by Ousetunes

Ofcause it isn't - it's another podgy-boy-from-Burlsem-got-lucky mongrel. It's bits and pieces of other people's music pasted together yet no doubt carrying a 'composer' credit of Robbie Williams.

Don't make me laugh; the guy can't even write his name.

And yet, he's the best this country has to offer, apparently.

The guy's had his Ringo moment. A certain Mr Chambers penned Angels, Robbie put a decent vocal on it and that's it.

He's trash music for a trash audience (who are happy to stay with his 'safe' musak).

Oo-er.

Oo-er missus, that's told us! :o

It's sad that, despite the above, Robbie Williams is still the best all-round entertainer this country currently has. No-one claims he's a great musician or singer (or maybe even songwriter) but he is a fantastic showman and performer who oozes effortless charisma - and his audience loves him. And the rest of the country is apparently very fond of him.

He's a national institution. That's enough for 2005.

StarSparkle

PS And the new single is still AMAZING. :thumbsup:

PPS I'm not a Robbie fan, by the way - but I do recognise the guy has a certain something.