Original Forum Members

The finest poster ever to grace the Forum, in my view, was Timo. It would be wonderful if he would come back, but I doubt he ever will.

Someone sent me a link to the Sheffield Forum over 5 years ago. I never joined for two months saying " Whatever do I want to join THAT for ?" Anyway...................68,179 posts later :roll:

Looks like you joined 3 months before me Pat :huh:

Edited by poppins

Well flipping heck, I've just realised!!!:hihi:

Me too...I was just about to post that I didn't get it ...and then suddenly I did. Now that is funny...how did it elude the mods.....very clever. :hihi:

Me too...I was just about to post that I didn't get it ...and then suddenly I did. Now that is funny...how did it elude the mods.....very clever. :hihi:
I'm sure it didn't elude them, but I think things were a little more relaxed in the early days.

The finest poster ever to grace the Forum, in my view, was Timo. It would be wonderful if he would come back, but I doubt he ever will.

I agree with your remarks re Timo, LordC. :)

I agree with your remarks re Timo, LordC. :)

I did laugh at Kirkys posts. Also I never got shoey to pose for that all male calendar.:suspect: (in his longjohns):roll:

I never got shoey to pose for that all male calendar.:suspect: (in his longjohns):roll:

That's cos they were in for Dry Cleaning at the time, pattricia. :)

Not the longjohns ....... my legs.;)

How many of you have been on this forum since the very beginning?

I have been a member for a while and used to be called SheffieldLive but changed my name after I left that station. I remember 'Da Bouncer' and 'cycleracer' but unsure if they post here anymore.

Da Bouncer was actually at my very first forum meet which I think was in 2003 maybe slightly before that.

Hi Nutronic, I was Cycleracer in the early days but changed my username when i retired from cycling in 2006 so though I still post on here its a lot less often than i used to....Still find this forum very usefull and still at Sheffield Live

I was on the forum for ages before I realised what Donkiddick's name actually meant :suspect: lol

I remember the day I joined, the first people I spoke to were D2J and Angel05, both who I still stay in contact with.

Does anyone remember helicopterman? He was on one of the 1st forum meets me and Angel05 ever went on at Trippets..... I havent seen him on here for a long time.

If you mean MrHelecopter - I believe he moved away from Sheffield a few years ago.

I remember the Wednesday Trippets meets, used to be a laugh.

They did, Andy, I remember them well.

Raychul, Mr H moved down south somewhere for a job. he's missed . He was amongst the group that came out for a meal, and celebrated my 41st birthday/ freedom in April 05.

Think that's 2004 :D

I stand corrected, Wallace.

That has surprised me, I was sure I'd been here since '03, as I moved to this house in '03, and I was sure I had registered before I moved house.

I believe the forum was born around 2002/03. Not sure of the precise date.

The forum was "born" in December 2002.

I believe, although I may be wrong, that the first thread was Did anyone go to the opening of the Winter Gardens?.

Sheffield, and this forum, have changed a lot in the past eight years :)

If this thread turns into a discussion about who may or may not be banned from the forum, then it will have to be closed.

We never discuss bans in public.

Thank you.