Council Tax Summons For Being infront with payments

Anyone else get one for arrears for this year? Mine arrived yesterday offering me a court appearance - the amount I am in arrears? -75p

Yes, I'm ahead on my payments by 75p and still get to plead quilty in court - as I have not a deal to do that day, I think I'll attend and get my solicitor to make a claim for compensation.

The world's gone mad...well this small part of it.

Originally posted by Internetowl

Anyone else get one for arrears for this year? Mine arrived yesterday offering me a court appearance - the amount I am in arrears? -75p

Yes, I'm ahead on my payments by 75p and still get to plead quilty in court - as I have not a deal to do that day, I think I'll attend and get my solicitor to make a claim for compensation.

This is a joke right?? You pay too much and they send you a summons?

Originally posted by eddies32

This is a joke right?? You pay too much and they send you a summons?

They probably paid £26million to EDS to build a fantastic computer system that sends summons if the balance is not 0 ...

Has the case been listed?

If so, think about suing for defamation.

And stress. You're very worked up and worried about this, aren't you?

Have fun!

:)

I am very worked up about it - probably cost 'council tax payers' a fortune to fund this piece of incompetence...at the end of the day we are all paying for this service!

Lets see what the magistrate says..

the amount I am in arrears? -75p

Yes, I'm ahead on my payments by 75p

Surely if you're in arrears you're behind with payment, not in front?

But it is madness to issue a summons for 75p!

Originally posted by TrashyBook

Yeah, but internetowl said they're in arrears for '(minus) -75p'... surely that means you'd be in rearrears - sounds painful! :gag:

perhaps its pre-arrears. Should I claim a refund as I'm ahead. For the BBC person who contacted me - sorry mate I'm not interested in being a media star even for 1 minute.

I would imagine that by the court date the summons will be withdrawn once someone human as looked at it.

26 Million for an EDS system? Cheap for them at twice the price and it still won't work :-)

yes we had ours last week,they sent us a letter saying the Baliffs had visited my property and found that we had no goods to satisfy the owed amount.

The total summons amount on letter was £00.00.

I called the coucil as a trip to the Big House doesnt appeal to me,they claim they have no record of letters and i should ignore them due to my account being up to date.

looks like someone was bored at the council and decided to push a few buttons.

They did say that they were concerned that the letters had been sent and we had to fax copies to them.

They did that to a friend of mine as well. He was livid after having just been in to sort out their previous farce only a few weeks ago. Who the heck have they outsourced this cruddy system to now.

Originally posted by TrashyBook

Yeah, especially given that it costs them considerably more in admin than 75p to send you a summons :loopy: