Look North/ Look Leeds

Just look at the weather maps, it seems as though there's a conspiracy to deny the very existence of our fair city!

its the same on traffic reports on the little calander/look north in the morning - never really hear about our traffic issues all leeds leeds leeds:rant:

Look North is made in Leeds, and they don't like to travel I think. They just look out the window and see if there's anything happening :)

Any coverage of the high burglary rate in Leeds I wonder?

To be fair to Calendar they did respond to such complaints by setting up Calendar South, where they go to their Sheffield studio for part of the program.

Sheffields meant to be the fourth biggest City in England, behind London, Birmingham and Manchester, so it would be the biggest in Yorkshire.

Can't remember where I heard it, but about a year ago York was voted the best University in the country, but somehow Leeds got best University in Yorkshire. - No idea how they worked that gem out!

Sheffield, the 4th largest city in England, with a small airport that doesnt work (it relies upon large towns in the vicinity for its air links), lots of potholes (the Parkway is just a start), a failed national museum (which is now a drinking establishment), a rail link which is essentially a spur off a main line (also serving smaller and larger towns in the vicinity), oh and the non-existance of nill-featured weather reports on both local and national weather forecasts! We never have weather, we just have a thick white line in our sky splitting North to South, East to West.

Other than that, its an alright place really. Some great caves and the provision of electricity last year has done wonders for the local nightlife scene!

Calender South the cutting edge of City Life located in the heart of the city's busstleing cosmopolitan area next door to an indian, a photo frame shop and an NCP!

I don't watch any tv and everytime I see Calendar in a background there always seems to be a fluffy pet on

The fluffy pet thing seems to be a national pheonomenom (sp?) for local news stations.

Usually its a puppy who tackled an armed group of muggers, or a horse that saved its owner from an oncoming train, something like that!

Originally posted by briggy1967

Imagine if Leeds United had won,it would have been an all night tribute to them.

Look on the bright side, there's not much chance of Leeds United winning anything in the near future!

The thing that winds me up most on the telly, the Look Leeds plonkas and the other lot. If and when they mention anything that happened below the M62 its shallow and brief.

lets start the 2005 petition for...

LOOK SHEFFIELD.....

there's many a disasterously fluffy poodle just crying to rescue a trapped cat from an oncoming UFO out in the city suburbs of a breezy spring evening to be accompanied by a howling gorilla which was reportedly escaped from a proposed new zoo in chesterfield (although planning applications have yet to be submitted).

OUR SMALL INCONSPICUOUS CITY NEEDS INCONSPICUOUS BREAKING NEWS STORIES LIKE THIS