Whats best xbox or ps3

also i used to do alot of online gaming on my ps3 mainly because it was free, and i completely refuse to pay for xbox live, and becuase of that im soon considering going back to the ps3

It's hardly a fortune is it?!?!

It's worth it for party chat alone!

Oh yeah, Cross game chat! Three words that bug most PS3 owners :D

Yeah but try using the Internet on a console without a Mouse/Keyboard, it's a pain in the knackers! Remember the old Sega Dreamcast?

My Dreamcast has the official Sega mouse and keyboard. Wouldn't kill MS to allow mouse support on 360, USB keyboards work fine.

no its not a fortune but why pay for it when you can get it for free

no its not a fortune but why pay for it when you can get it for free

It works out about 60p a week, and there are a host of other features beside online play. It's also faster and more reliable than PSN.

My annual Live sub pays for itself within a couple of months at most, given how often/how long I chat with my brother over in France (which isn't going on the phone bill instead).

Oh yeah, Cross game chat
Indeed, as -aside from BF1943 and BF3- my brother and I have completely different gaming tastes.

Most of the time we just chat as we play our different, respective games (he's been on Skyrim for ages lately, whereas I've been busy finishing the BF3 SP campaign, and I hate RPGs).

It works out about 60p a week, and there are a host of other features beside online play. It's also faster and more reliable than PSN.

I don't think its faster then the PSN at all? When i download from the PSN i get 5-6mbps. Never really have any problems with game updates/playing online either.

Its your personal preference what you call faster?

I don't think its faster then the PSN at all? When i download from the PSN i get 5-6mbps. Never really have any problems with game updates/playing online either.

i agree more with comspud, and regardless of if you think its may be faster or not its only as fast as your connection allows it to be !

Not sure what you're getting at there? It seems you're suggesting that I'm lying because I have a bias? That's not the case.

i agree more with comspud, and regardless of if you think its may be faster or not its only as fast as your connection allows it to be !

I can only speak from personal experience, but I have both consoles and find firmware updates, title updates, downloads and matchmaking are faster on XBL. The Xbox servers have more available bandwidth.

I've not been on a lot lately though, maybe Sony have invested in their infrastructure.

It only takes me 10 mins tops to download a game off the PSN. Maybe its just your router/cables/wireless can slow it down. You never know.

And no, I wasn't calling you a liar . I was just asking why it seems faster? Who is your ISP? Maybe your our ISP's have better Connectivity to PSN? Dont forgot that games arnt the exact size files on both consoles.

if you have slow upload/download speeds your going to have slow gameplay, if your lucky enough to have a green junction box outside your house and are with say virgin fibre optic then your going to get some pretty good speeds which is going to give you good online play

It only takes me 10 mins tops to download a game off the PSN. Maybe its just your router/cables/wireless can slow it down. You never know.

And no, I wasn't calling you a liar . I was just asking why it seems faster? Who is your ISP? Maybe your our ISP's have better Connectivity to PSN? Dont forgot that games arnt the exact size files on both consoles.

Sorry, I got the wrong end of the stick. :)

It doesn't seem faster, it is faster. I'm with BT, both consoles are on wired connections to the same hub. We've moved recently and my Xbox died so I'm using a different one and haven't set up the port forwarding for Live yet, but I had the same setup/ISP before we moved, configured correctly.

Like I said, I can only speak from personal experience, but both at home and work 360 connectivity is better overall.

Off for lunch, my ribs are touching. :)