Whats best xbox or ps3

This question is like asking how long is a piece of string?

Haha, i'm not getting involved with anything fanboy related :D though my 3 sons have a 360 each. ;)

I have both :hihi:

As long as you want it to be.

I agree, all of these fanboy arguments are just stupid. It is mostly people justifying their spend, and getting insulted when people say that the thing they have decided to buy, was a wrong decision.

So really it is people being questioned on their decisions is the core of why people get so angry at this sort of thing. Well for fanboys at least.

Personally I have all 3 consoles from that gen, and I sometimes wonder why I got a PS3 at all instead of just getting a blu ray player, as it is the only thing I am using it for these days.

I use my 360 and Wii mostly out of that gen for gaming.

Really though the main question is.... what is better; the PS2 or the PS3? answer is.... the PS2. Better games, more fun, and no DLC garbage or silly microtransactions. Best of all.... the games are not (and where not even when it was new) £50-60.

give it a few months and they will be a new thread whats best ps4 atr xbox 720 bla bla

give it a few months and they will be a new thread whats best ps4 atr xbox 720 bla bla
Until wednesday, more like ;)

I got a Wii for my daughter, she prefers to play Minecraft, or Halo/CoD co-op with me, on 360 :|

I got a PS3 in part-ex on some arcade-related deal some weeks ago, toyed with it for about a week, then passed it straight on. Left me pretty much 'meh' :|

The 360 arcade (old shape w.HDMI) I bought off here 2nd hand about 2 years ago (if not longer) is still doing just fine, and sees some action 3-4 times a week. If that often :|

Before these, considering I started video-gaming when the CBS colecovision was new in shops (circa 1982-odd), I've enjoyed pretty much every format and generation, either new at the time or through retro-collecting since: take it from me, there is no console better than another; each one, of any generation, does something well which others don't (well, ok, maybe not the GX4000 :D).

The CBS did arcade ports better than Atari. Atari had the catalogue.

Same with the SMS relative to the NES.

The MD did shmups and beat-em-ups better than the SNES. The SNES did action/rpg/platformers better than the MD. The NEC PC-E peed all over both for arcade ports.

The 3DO did FMV and games better than the CDi, and both peed all over the Jaguar - which did have had a very good Tempest port, that be said. The aliens 1st person shooter and the Doom port on it weren't too shabby either.

The Saturn did 2D shmups better than the PS1, the PS1 had the catalogue and did much 'everything 3D' better than the Saturn. The N64 could have buried both, had it gone CD instead of carts and enjoyed developer support as much as the PS1 did. Still, many of its games still have as much playability today as then, when you wouldn't look a Saturn or PS1 twice.

The DC, PS2, xbox 1, GC were pretty evenly matched in all respects, all 4 have absolute gems that are not available on the other 3. The DC wins it hands-down for me, still, as an 'overall package' - but then again, its pads are really pants (yet it's official arcade pad is still one of the very best, to this day). And then again, I loved the xbox for multiplayer and the Halo series, loved the PS2 for superior racing games (and ports, when comparing both platforms) and the Ace Combat series, and loved the GC for some of the Nintendo exclusives and unfussy progressive scan out-of the-box.

The PS3 has blu-ray, the 360 doesn't. Wow, there's a right deal breaker there for a games console. "The Wii is for kiddies", but neither the PS3 nor the 360 can offer anything like Super Mario Galaxy. Etc.

Add a console-rinse-repeat :rolleyes:

The 'best' console is the one with the games you enjoy playing most, and who cares whether that or another game on the 'other' console has shinier water or more thread details on the car tyres, or what the business model for online gaming is - it's not as if you have a choice once you've bought it, by definition it's a closed/fixed format :rolleyes:

Edited by L00b

Until wednesday, more like ;)

I got a Wii for my daughter, she prefers to play Minecraft, or Halo/CoD co-op with me, on 360 :|

I got a PS3 in part-ex on some arcade-related deal some weeks ago, toyed with it for about a week, then passed it straight on. Left me pretty much 'meh' :|

The 360 arcade (old shape w.HDMI) I bought off here 2nd hand about 2 years ago (if not longer) is still doing just fine, and sees some action 3-4 times a week. If that often :|

Before these, considering I started video-gaming when the CBS colecovision was new in shops (circa 1982-odd), I've enjoyed pretty much every format and generation, either new at the time or through retro-collecting since: take it from me, there is no console better than another; each one, of any generation, does something well which others don't (well, ok, maybe not the GX4000 :D).

The CBS did arcade ports better than Atari. Atari had the catalogue.

Same with the SMS relative to the NES.

The MD did schmups and beat-em-ups better than the SNES. The SNES did action/rpg/platformers better than the MD. The NEC PC-E peed all over both.

The 3DO did FMV and games better than the CDi, and both peed all over the Jaguar - which had a very good Tempest port, that be said.

The Saturn did 2D schmups better than the PS1, the PS1 had the catalogue and did much everything 3D better than the Saturn. The N64 could have buried both, had it gone CD instead of carts and enjoyed developer support as much as the PS1 did. Still, many of its games still have as much playability today as then, when you wouldn't look a Saturn or PS1 twice.

The DC, PS2, xbox 1, GC were pretty evenly matched in all respects, all 4 have absolute gems that are not available on the other 3. The DC wins it hands-down for me, still - but then again, so does (did) multiplayer and the Halo series on xbox 1, so does many of the PS2 version of racing games and the Ace Combat series on PS2 and so does the Nintendo exclusives on GC.

Add a console-rinse-repeat.

The 'best' console is the one with the games you enjoy playing most, and who cares whether that or another game on the 'other' console has shinier water or more thread details on the car tyres, or what the business model for online gaming is - it's not as if you have a choice once you've bought it, by definition it's a closed/fixed format :rolleyes:

Great post! I have most of those consoles you mentioned, and all have timeless games. Same can't be said about games today though, and I suspect it will only get worse.

I'm out next gen altogether probably. There will be some games I will like, but pointless getting a game console just for about 5 or less games.

I don't "do" consoles much anymore.

I got to the stage you are expecting about next-gen a while back, maybe because I'm older and already tired of "the same game, just shinier, so giz £50 for the spit and polish" ;)

These days I would only ever buy one cheap (meaning: not at release, in fact very far from it) for the '5 or less games' you mention. Means I can have one of each if those '5 or less' are exclusives spread across several formats.

But I do spend amounts on arcade stuff (cabinets and games), though. Seems to be the normal 'progression' for die-hard, greying gamers these days :hihi:

Just bought a mint GTI Club for less than a new 4GB xbox 360: GTI Club + Rally Cote D'Azur is available on consoles? You can keep'em and keep bickering about which is 'best'! :D

EDIT - all that said, and I can't believe I've left it out, and I'm eating my words but there ya go (only imbeciles never change their minds ;)), I might buy one at release: any which one which will offer out-of-the-box support for the Oculus Rift. If neither the PS4 nor the next xbox do, then it's deffo off the consoles for good, and back to PC gaming. I've been waiting nearly 20 years for in-your-home, good-enough and affordable 'proper' VR gaming; in fact, since the days of the vaporware Konix multisystem (look it up).

Edited by L00b

The above 3 posts are IMO the best on the matter I have seen before

On the matter I always say 'if you have friends' who own a console and you want to play games with them get that if not does it really matter

I don't "do" consoles much anymore.

I got to the stage you are expecting about next-gen a while back, maybe because I'm older and already tired of "the same game, just shinier, so giz £50 for the spit and polish" ;)

These days I would only ever buy one cheap (meaning: not at release, in fact very far from it) for the '5 or less games' you mention. Means I can have one of each if those '5 or less' are exclusives spread across several formats.

But I do spend amounts on arcade stuff (cabinets and games), though. Seems to be the normal 'progression' for die-hard, greying gamers these days :hihi:

Just bought a mint GTI Club for less than a new 4GB xbox 360: GTI Club + Rally Cote D'Azur is available on consoles? You can keep'em and keep bickering about which is 'best'! :D

EDIT - all that said, and I can't believe I've left it out, and I'm eating my words but there ya go (only imbeciles never change their minds ;)), I might buy one at release: any which one which will offer out-of-the-box support for the Oculus Rift. If neither the PS4 nor the next xbox do, then it's deffo off the consoles for good, and back to PC gaming. I've been waiting nearly 20 years for in-your-home, good-enough and affordable 'proper' VR gaming; in fact, since the days of the vaporware Konix multisystem (look it up).

Very cool. I have always wanted a Daytona 2 cab, but I don't have the room or the money! no console version either :-(

You want your head beating in, dirty pirate scum.

Not this thread again, retarded ideas only work because retards willingly throw money at them, as for the psn store Sony don't set the prices, the publishers do.

It wont be by a gamer, non of them are hard enough.