Whats best xbox or ps3

And you have to "pay" to use ie on Xbox :| on another note the psn store has been updated today and it kicks the Xbox store right in the nuts.

Not if you're on O2 broadband. 12 months free xbox live, 2100 points and 7 games (and they were kind enough to send me 2 lots of each!), just for renewing my contract, and they knocked £10 off per month as I have a mobile contract and I managed to get an extra £2 deduction (from what I was previously paying) for upgrading (slightly faster upload speed)! So I get practically free 24mb broadband, 24 months xbox live gold, 4200 points, 14 games (shame they are 2x the same games) and O2 extras!

I've no idea how that business plan works for O2 but it works well for me :hihi:

But yeah. The store sucks.

Whats best xbox or ps3PS3 would be the best. It has many games and also prize is low compared to Xbox.

And you have to "pay" to use ie on Xbox :| on another note the psn store has been updated today and it kicks the Xbox store right in the nuts.

its not so bad for people like me who got 12 month + 2 month Gold off ebay for £26 :hihi:

im on my 2nd 360 now, i have the 250GB slim. the 1st one i had was the 120GB elite and i got 12 Month Gold off ebay for £22 when i first got that one.

i only like xbox for forza motorsport, that is all i bought it for.

for everything else i use the ps3.

i prefer the ps3 exclusives, its also my blu-ray/DVD player. and i use it to play music and videos.

i was going to say i prefer the sound of my xbox to my ps3 because when i got the slim xbox its was so quiet i could hardly hear it compared to my ps3. but now the xbox fan is just as loud as my ps3 (normal loud like).

the thing i really hate about the 360 is the dvd drive tray vibrations. its really annoying but was very annoying on my old elite. luckily i can install forza. the ps3 blu-ray drive is silent on my ps3 which is the old fat 80GB model, although its a 500GB now.

Edited by PlayStation

I haven't checked the new PS3 store yet but personally, I think I will still prefer how the Xbox doesn't HAVE a store - its all integrated into the same experience.

So you click to view information about a game, but also get the option to buy it or delete it from your console (especially useful if you have a lot of demos and trials) from the same page.

Most of all the fact that once you have downloaded something on Xbox its immediately available to play. I will never get used to the fact when you download something on PS3 it then has to install it which can take a loooong time and requires you have twice the disk space available than the content actually uses.

The biggest drag with the Xbox way of doing the store is purely down to the fact that they aren't pushing digital downloads of retail games as hard as Sony are, so its mostly arcade games. But then again, EVERY arcade game has a trial, Sony are still releasing titles without a trial which is an immediate no sale for me, unless I am REALLY sure I like the game.

On the other hand, the 1 hour trials of retail games for Plus members is pretty cool. Its just a shame that not all games you can really appreciate within an hour (especially ones with long cut scenes) and the number of games available for trial is still very low.

Then there is the XMB, it badly needs updating for more categories. Why can't I group by demo/trials, retail games, PSN titles, etc? Having all PS3 full, trial and demo games grouped together is hugely unhelpful.

However much I feel Microsoft have downgraded the Xbox dashboard over the last few updates, it still has many benefits over the PS3.

I think Ps3 is better than xbox, you can flash the PS3 using an E3 flasher and play back up games, no disc is required which saves energy and reduces the noise of the disc driver. Over all, the PS3 is more expensive but high quality...

it depends, if someone had a PS1, PS2 then the PS3 is the best option.

So you like the PS3 more because you can pirate games for it. Great reasoning there.

I agree with AlexAtkin, it is great having it all integrated on the 360. My only gripe with it really is having to get gold for TV services that you already pay for. And you have to pay to use the web browser too. It is retarded ideas like this, that is putting Sony in the lead.

But then again, Sony's web store has download games at 49.00 and even 59.99, when you can get them for £35 and less on a disc. They are taking the mick. This will be the future though, when systems eventually go discless. There will be no second hand market to compete with, no shops will compete either; so £60 and up will be the future of gaming.

Games these days are not even worth £20 most of the time, so much dross on the market that companies like EA keep putting out.

So which is better? well if you weigh up all the pros and cons, they are about equal. Honestly though I barley touch them any more, I only use my PS3 to watch blu rays and dvds.

I think Ps3 is better than xbox, you can flash the PS3 using an E3 flasher and play back up games, no disc is required which saves energy and reduces the noise of the disc driver. Over all, the PS3 is more expensive but high quality...

it depends, if someone had a PS1, PS2 then the PS3 is the best option.

You want your head beating in, dirty pirate scum.

So you like the PS3 more because you can pirate games for it. Great reasoning there.

I agree with AlexAtkin, it is great having it all integrated on the 360. My only gripe with it really is having to get gold for TV services that you already pay for. And you have to pay to use the web browser too. It is retarded ideas like this, that is putting Sony in the lead.

But then again, Sony's web store has download games at 49.00 and even 59.99, when you can get them for £35 and less on a disc. They are taking the mick. This will be the future though, when systems eventually go discless. There will be no second hand market to compete with, no shops will compete either; so £60 and up will be the future of gaming.

Games these days are not even worth £20 most of the time, so much dross on the market that companies like EA keep putting out.

So which is better? well if you weigh up all the pros and cons, they are about equal. Honestly though I barley touch them any more, I only use my PS3 to watch blu rays and dvds.

Not this thread again, retarded ideas only work because retards willingly throw money at them, as for the psn store Sony don't set the prices, the publishers do.

Regardless, Sony let them. Not seen a £60 discless game on XBL at all.

what do you think is best the xbox or the ps3

xbox 360 is way better than plat station 3

Why ?

Explain. :huh:

I use neither btw.

Why ?

Explain. :huh:

I use neither btw.

Shows the intelligence of Xbox users. :roll:

Shows the intelligence of Xbox users. :roll:

Haha, i'm not getting involved with anything fanboy related :D though my 3 sons have a 360 each. ;)