Whats best xbox or ps3

I got shut of my PS3 to buy an XBox and to be honest, they're both just awesome.

When Mafia 2 came out, I went on youtube to compare the xbox, ps3, and pc versions of the game. When compared frame for frame, the PC version came out WAY ahead(though it's an unfair test tbh, ps3 - £250, xbox360 - £200, the pc they used to get the best of Mafia 2 grphx...? Prolly 4 figures) in second was the ps3, and in third the xbox. The difference between the two consoles was so miniscule that no mortal could tell it appart when the game was running.

The reason I sold ps3 for xbox was because of Mass Effect... The sequal came out and my mates were raving, but you can only get the first one on the xbox, and tbh, it was worth getting one just for this game.

I am somewhat dissapointed by the fail rate of the 360, I'm currently on my second in about 18 months, both were Jasper model consoles, the first stopped recognising discs to the point where it was unusable. I slung it in anger, but I'm told that if under warranty then they exchange faulty consoles quickly, but still, what a hassle, and in comparrison my PS3 worked perfectly well since release.

PC, by a long way. Even the xbox gpu is a couple of generations out of date now.

edit: ugh for misreading

So ps3 v xbox - well the xbox gpu is supposed to better, but whether it actually runs better is a matter for debate: http://uk.gear.ign.com/articles/111/1116182p1.html

Yeah, PC hardware-wise wipes the floor with both these days. A lot of us prefer to do our gaming on a console though!

That article is exactly what I'd expect from IGN.

360 wins the Networking category due to wireless 802.11n support, while PS3 should win with its gigabit ethernet. Anyone who's after a reliable connection for their gaming would be on a wired connection anyway.

PS3 wins connectivity despite removing most of it on later models.

I'm pretty sure they've got the dual layer Blu-Ray capacity wrong as well.

I'm not even going to start pointing out what a load of tosh they speak in the video support section.

You can't spell ignorant without IGN. ;)

Any machine is only as good as its games anyway, and I don't think there's really anything in it on that front. Both have great exclusives, games that come out on both tend to have slightly better image quality and frame rate on the 360, likely because a lot of dev is 360-led. It's become less of an issue over time.

Buy both if possible, they're both ace. If it has to be one or the other, get what your mates have. :)

I hate these topics, they are so pointless and full of fan boys.

Game play, graphics, sound etc there seems to no difference.

Build quality, PS3

Reliability, PS3

Easiest to use, Xbox 360

Most features, PS3

If you want a games console then the 360. If you want a games console and media centre, PS3

Ive got both and use both all the time. Ive also got a wii, Good for a laugh but its not a serious gamers console

Xbox hands down......

I hate these topics, they are so pointless and full of fan boys.

Game play, graphics, sound etc there seems to no difference.

Build quality, PS3

Reliability, PS3

Easiest to use, Xbox 360

Most features, PS3

If you want a games console then the 360. If you want a games console and media centre, PS3

Ive got both and use both all the time. Ive also got a wii, Good for a laugh but its not a serious gamers console

I think most features is rather debatable, as if you count friends list and other Live features, the Xbox wins hands down. If you use Live Messenger the PS3 has nothing comparable to that.

Also if you count Media Extender then that is a big feature the PS3 has nothing comparable again.

So while the PS3 has VidZone, Playstation Home and a web browser, only Home could be considered a game enhancing feature and personally, I don't think it does as its too slow and clunky to use for game launching.

Build quality and reliability, the 360 slim is easily as good as the PS3 I believe, its the classic 360 that has problems.

Both 360 and PS3 have issues with optical drives failing, but then all consoles with optical drives suffer that (not sure about Wii as I think it being a fairly slow drive helps there).

The PS3 online being free is a poor argument as the general opinion seems to be it suffers in reliability because of it.

So mostly its down to what specific features you use.

I went 360 mainly because I despise the PS3 controller.

Haven't had the opportunity to compare how games look but was at my brothers at the weekend watching him play AC Brotherhood and noticed it wasn't nearly as sharp as on mine. Maybe his TV but has a good quality plasma?

XBL is brilliant too.

Shame 1 vs 100 was dropped though.

At The end of the day I could not afford a new ps3 but I waited until I could and I have a fat PS3 and it kick's Ass. I Had seen xbox 360's for about 18 month's before I got my baby and I can say YES the PS3 is superior and I think the people that bought the xbox just could not wait for the awesome power of the PS3. And the PS3 is quieter and keep's working :)

One question How many xbox fans have had a playstaion 1,2,3

Shush

95%

Microsoft(ripoff) xbox hd-dvd drive is £2.98 LOL from Blockbuster wowee

PS3 controller is a classic and beautiful design :) :)

Dpad on xbox is disgusting :) :)

At The end of the day I could not afford a new ps3 but I waited until I could and I have a fat PS3 and it kick's Ass. I Had seen xbox 360's for about 18 month's before I got my baby and I can say YES the PS3 is superior and I think the people that bought the xbox just could not wait for the awesome power of the PS3.

Got both, no it isn't.

And the PS3 is quieter and keep's working :)

Don't notice excessive noise from either. Original fat 60GB PS3 and Falcon 360.

Earlier PS3 consoles are almost as bad as earlier 360 consoles for fail rates. Funnily enough, both consoles suffer EXACTLY the same problem! The GPU ball grid array cracks which gives you the red ring of death (360) and yellow light of death (PS3). Both have high laser fail rates too. The difference is that Microsoft admitted their error and extended the warranty. Personally, I've been lucky as both mine are going strong to this day. Got lots of friends with both who haven't been lucky.

One question How many xbox fans have had a playstaion 1,2,3

Shush

95%

Yep, I own PlayStation 1, 2 and 3, Xbox and Xbox 360, as well as many consoles that were around before the PlayStation. I'm a gamer, so what's it got to do with anything?

By your logic, 95% of Xbox fans have 'defected' from the Sony camp, hardly a pro for Sony.

PS3 controller is a classic and beautiful design :) :)

Dpad on xbox is disgusting :) :)

The PS3 pad may be a classic design, but it desperately needs updating. The triggers are AWFUL. I'm not the only one who can't play racing games with the accelerator on R2 for any length of time before cramp sets in. Agreed on the 360 D-pad. What were they thinking?

Xbox live walks all over any services provided by sony at the moment. Games wise, not too different really. Odd few exclusives to each, but nothing to shout about.

Releases on both are getting boring, too many FPS that are not that different to eachother. Whats that one they are tooting about now... home front is it? looks as boring as call of duty.

At the moment it's mostly live arcade titles that have any interest.

Best disc game in a while for me is death smiles. Don't see allot of those types of games being released in the UK... shame.

I see people tooting about the graphics capabilities.... was playing on my friends PS3 on his 50" HDTV and there was not much a difference between the two. Graphics really have reached a peak long ago... although some PC games might disagree but they see things with fanboy coloured specks.

While Pc tech maybe a few years ahead of the current gen of consoles, most of those game titles are coming out on consoles, which don't need a £500 card upgrade. Besides that, the visuals are not that much better.

With choosing a console in this case, it depends on what you want. While the ps3 does have more multimedia capability and no usb lock down, you still would be better off with a HTPC that will play anything you want. And as we are speaking GAMES consoles here... this feature isn't relevant.

Online features, xbox 360 is the clear winner.

Game wise, most titles are cross platform.

Personally for full games library.... I would go with both. and get a wii while yer at it.... fun console.

Sorry just rambling now...

Best disc game in a while for me is death smiles. Don't see allot of those types of games being released in the UK... shame.

Isn't it just, bought on release day. Raiden Fighters Aces should finally be released over here any day now, hope it does well and we get Raiden IV too.

Incidentally, many of the Japan-only 360 shoot em ups are region free.