Up to 10 day stay in Hospital - what to pack?

Apart from myself?

I'm due for a trial and possible insertion of a Spinal Cord Stimulator in April/May (this year I hope, they didn't actually state the year) and wonder what tips people can give me to pack.

I wont be moving about a lot after and wont be able to lift my arms above shoulder level (if that) for 12 weeks, till the wires bed into the spine. I've got long hair so am going to be able to put it up in a pony tail whilst in Hospital and have slaves (I mean daughters) who can help wash it at home.

It's just .. what to take into Hospital with me? Will I be allowed my I Pod and Wi Fi? Mobile?

Any help appreciated ..

Nothing then? :D

Yeah, take your Ipod and if you can get a DS or something like that to play games on and keep you busy. I'd take plenty of books and some nice snacks, too!

Yep, I was going to suggest books, quiz books, but I can't always read, just because it hurt your eyes after a while (maybe I just read too much), so maybe some audio books?

A netbook / laptop so you can have fun in SF!

Oh, a smile, hope and manners...

And, all the best! :)

Spinal cord stimulator! I'm sure i saw those on sale tuther day in the Ann Summers store.

I'd take in books, snacks, paper knickers, dry shampoo, DS, Ipod, mobile phone and a smile :)

Vest tops are very good for getting in and out of with reduced mobility and cardi, open fronted hoodie etc is easier than jumpers.

With regard to ipod etc - do you know if there is somewhere to securely store your stuff?

It may be worth investing in one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Helix-Travel-Safe---THIS-IS-A-GREAT-PRODUCT_W0QQitemZ280617216739QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=206430888023&rvr_id=206430888023&cguid=e6224fd312d0a47a2eb0def0ffea639d

I have one for holidays etc - attatch to something in your room that doesn't move easily.

Take some entertainment,Ipod's/Ipads/handheld consoles.

Cosmetics/Bath body stuff,Shampoo etc

Clothing/towels

Sanitary protection

Loose change

Earphones.

OOh thanks Scoop .. that will be ideal after for my daughter to use to keep the other daughter away from her make up !!

Earphones .. good idea !

I Pod .. tick .. plus will download audio books aswell as my kindle books onto my poddy.

Mum bought me some Lavender cologne roll on to keep me smelling fresh and I treated myself to some ridiculously priced moisturiser with a gift card I was given from Debenhams.

Socks for bd probably too .. as I get cold feet.

Always, always a smile for those hard worked, under paid nursing staff, too.

Firstly, I hope erverything goes well for you!;)

If it was me going into hospital for ten days, I'd take every possible piece of electronic machinery I could get my hands on. Computer, printer, laptop, Kindle, CD player and speakers, Xbox, plasma TV, Ipad, mobile, landline, legionnaires detector, remote control helicopter ... etc.

I'd also take a mobile generator to power the stuff ! Failing that... some heavy duty jump leads that you can hook up to those heart jump leads! :P