Best place to go for properties without estate agents??

I feel like screaming and crying and pulling my hair out at the moment.

Plain and simple fact is we CANNOT afford the ridiculous costs of an estate agent to risk being let down AGAIN...we were supposed to be moving into a new home next week and its due to an agent we aren't.

We as a genuine hard working family want to deal with a landlord/lady direct so that they can know us better.

The issue i have is i have been trailing all over the internet to find somewhere for my family and EVERYTHING is through an agency...there are over 200 properties through agencies and about 5 through private.

Has it really come to this ... i'm betting its the downright idiotic tenants that have no respect for house of owner that give us good tenants a bad name.

Please if anyone can direct me towards some good websites that i can deal with private landlords with directly, please reply.

Gumtree has a fair few private landlords, also try Post Office windows! Well I found mine there anyway! Good luck...

Thank you adysheff think its going to be a case of going outside the interent. Bought a newspaper the other day and it had 47 pages of properties...ALL were through agencies.

Thanks for reply

Have you tried contacting any housing associations? http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/in-your-area/housing-services/homelessandhousingoptions/looking-for-a-home-or-needing-to-move/housing-association-accommodation Just wondered if private rental is your only option.

Have you spoken to anyone at the council about your situation? It might be worth a try.

Edited by Ms Macbeth

We have been told its roughly up of 3 months waiting on priority and then if you don't take the first house you're offered you lose priority. We havent really got 3 months in this property and i really cant take my mother in law and daughter into temporary accomodation, it would be way to much stress for them both.

Will give it a try anyway things may have changed but as far as i know the housing situation has only got worse. :(

Plenty of stuff's advertised in the classifieds on here, from experience laurance & co were brilliant with us and dont charge any fees at all.

I have a four-bedroom house to rent in Nether Edge - short-term 6-month let only, initially (hope to move in myself there in the summer when my old house - hopefully will be sold).

£ 720, unfurnished.

Interested?

I feel like screaming and crying and pulling my hair out at the moment.

Plain and simple fact is we CANNOT afford the ridiculous costs of an estate agent to risk being let down AGAIN...we were supposed to be moving into a new home next week and its due to an agent we aren't.

We as a genuine hard working family want to deal with a landlord/lady direct so that they can know us better.

The issue i have is i have been trailing all over the internet to find somewhere for my family and EVERYTHING is through an agency...there are over 200 properties through agencies and about 5 through private.

Has it really come to this ... i'm betting its the downright idiotic tenants that have no respect for house of owner that give us good tenants a bad name.

Please if anyone can direct me towards some good websites that i can deal with private landlords with directly, please reply.

where would you like to live and when?

i have house in darnall to let rent is £470.00 per month

if you like to view call 07966629756