Best Estate Agent in Hillsborough for selling a property

I am selling my property in Wisewood I have had similar quotes from Winkworth and Saxton Mee my preference so far is Saxton Mee is there any better estate agents in Hillsborough that i should consider ?

Ian

Please use Haybrook. I am purchasing a property in S6 presently. I have had causer to view through many and have ended up buying through Reeds Rains who are poor all round, they had the right property by chance. Haybrook have been spot on, they accomodated loads of viewings at weekends and saturdays, were on the ball with viewings and ring backs. Reeds Rains have to be stalked to even book a viewing and its working hours only. Nicola at haybrook has looked after me and I'm gutted to be buying elsewhere as she has been so accomadating for and oh, as well as being on the ball too.

My experience, on the buyer end, from that Winkworth office was not good. My solicitor and surveyor both commented to me about them. I'm not sure I can really say much more about it, perhaps they have had change of staff since.

Winkworth terrible, Reeds Rains terrible, Hunters appalling ( I offered 102,000 for a walkley flat they have on at 105,000 - the answer was no clearly as they never called back!). The only agent who have impressed me have been Haybrook and I can say without hesitation that if I were selling at present I would be with them. Its simple, they meet me at six cos I finish at half five, I dont have to chase for viewings and they stalk me for feedback! I can see that they are motivated. My contact at Reeds Rains in S6 is Rob and I have been happy with him, however on the whole they have been weak with viewings and call backs hard come by. Even down to when I placed an offer on said purchase home and a week later (vendor was awol) I had a call from the negotiator for feedback. I was like wow, do you not know I have an offer in? Nope. No idea lol!. I only acquired Rob once I had the offer accepted and so far he has done as he's promised to be fair to him.

I just have found all agents except Haybrook to be hard work. I mean you have a job, thats how you pay for the home. You view what, 30, 40 before you buy. What are you meant to do when its 9-4 viewings only, take a full years hols allowance to look at homes? It really puts me off as a viewer and I imagine would do others

Edited by Smack Jack

Hi, I used Blundells. They seemed very good, kept me informed most of the time and we're very good at getting messages to the seller for me. Can't fault them.:hihi::hihi:

Just sold my 3 bed terrace S6 through Saxton Mee. Good all round. Don't be scared to haggle the price down! I did and it worked!

use Winkworth at your peril. we had 2 sales fall through because of them. We have just sold through key2go- their service is excellent. They have lower fees too, we only paid £475 all in and nothing to pay on completion. There are 4 different options you can pay by some before you sell and some after (obviously upfront are cheaper) good luck!

We sold in Hillsborough last year & used Saxton Mee & we were very pleased. The property we purchased was with Reids Rains who were shocking!!

I have just bought a house which was on the market with Haybrook in Hillsborough and can recommend them. They kept me up to date with what was happening, aimed to get the best price for their client and were always available when they were needed to be contacted. I never want to move again but if I did I would probably use them.

I am selling my property in Wisewood I have had similar quotes from Winkworth and Saxton Mee my preference so far is Saxton Mee is there any better estate agents in Hillsborough that i should consider ?

Ian

Personally, I wouldn't go with Saxton Mee. let me explain.

My friend is selling her house with them (its been on the market for 3 years!) She felt they weren't promoting her house so I went in and told them what I was looking for (literally describing my friends house!). They didn't even mention my friends house to me and it was only when I mentioned her area, they suddenly said "oh we've got this one here". If I hadn't have pushed it, they wouldn't have even thought about it. RUBBISH!

My choices would be either Haybrooks or Blundells. Used both in the past, both very good

Surely recommending an estate agent is a bit like thoughts on the NHS. If you had a good experience (i.e. sold your house), you'll think they've 'done a good job' and vice versa. An estate agent no more 'sells' your house than a barman sells you a drink. Nothing you can't do yourself. Afraid to go it alone? Trust me, I could tell you stories of why you should be more afraid of involving certain estate agents. I can't here. Not content with having the morals of a dodgy wheel-clamping firm, they'll make sure the thread is deleted.

Just 2 important points:

Sign their 'agreement' at your peril. Hidden deep in the small print will be a 'Sole Agent' agreement. This means that, if you're dissatisfied with the agent and dispense with their services and appoint another agent (or try to sell it yourself, even on Sheffield Forum) they will prohibit you from doing this and, when the property is sold - however many months/years later - will come after their cut. I am going through this myself. Any solicitor scanning their T & C's (especially small print) would advise you not to sign this.

Secondly, I have dealings with two of the agents mentioned and please, please PM me and I'll tell you exactly why you should steer well clear.

Surely recommending an estate agent is a bit like thoughts on the NHS. If you had a good experience (i.e. sold your house), you'll think they've 'done a good job' and vice versa. An estate agent no more 'sells' your house than a barman sells you a drink. Nothing you can't do yourself. Afraid to go it alone? Trust me, I could tell you stories of why you should be more afraid of involving certain estate agents. I can't here. Not content with having the morals of a dodgy wheel-clamping firm, they'll make sure the thread is deleted.

Just 2 important points:

Sign their 'agreement' at your peril. Hidden deep in the small print will be a 'Sole Agent' agreement. This means that, if you're dissatisfied with the agent and dispense with their services and appoint another agent (or try to sell it yourself, even on Sheffield Forum) they will prohibit you from doing this and, when the property is sold - however many months/years later - will come after their cut. I am going through this myself. Any solicitor scanning their T & C's (especially small print) would advise you not to sign this.

Secondly, I have dealings with two of the agents mentioned and please, please PM me and I'll tell you exactly why you should steer well clear.

wrong on so many levels, please make sure you get your facts right....sole agency does not prohibit you from selling the property yourself

The only reason an agent can claim the fee is if they introduced the buyer during the term of the sole agency.......and that could mean somebody banging on your door because they saw the board!