Best place for auto gearbox repair in Sheffield

I need the autobox on my CRV repairing as it won't select reverse gear. All forward gears working as they should. Recommendations please of best place to take it to. Thanks.

I need the autobox on my CRV repairing as it won't select reverse gear. All forward gears working as they should. Recommendations please of best place to take it to. Thanks.
M&T bradway rd next to the pub

Years ago i had my son's auto box repaired in Doncaster as he quoted slightly over half of what i was quoted by the Sheffield repairers:mad:

It cost slightly over £500 whereas i was quoted over £900 by them here, i even took the gearbox to a place on Corperation street, i told the bloke that i had left the torque converter on so that the oil didn't drain everywhere, the dopey sod picked it up, the t/c fell off and Dexron went everywhere, he hadn't got a clue so i took it away (turns out that he just gets someone to collect it and charges a bundle to do so :roll: )

Mister gearbox at Trent street (dahn t'cliffe) did a superb job on my daughter in law's VW Golf when the gearbo kept crunching, it came guaranteed though i can't remember how long for..

why dont u just get a second hand 1 frm a scrap yard...much cheaper

I was speaking to someone at M&T recently and they said they didn't do automatic work anymore and they said they refer their auto work to Martin Lowe in Barnsley.

http://www.autotransmissions.co.uk/

I would also suggest asking the Honda dealer for advice or pick up a second hand one which is mentioned in one of the posts above.

Repairs to auto boxes is not cheap.

I was speaking to someone at M&T recently and they said they didn't do automatic work anymore and they said they refer their auto work to Martin Lowe in Barnsley.

http://www.autotransmissions.co.uk/

I would also suggest asking the Honda dealer for advice or pick up a second hand one which is mentioned in one of the posts above.

Repairs to auto boxes is not cheap.

Thats true they dont do autos. ive had terrible problems with my automatic (now manual) mini cooper.

everyone recommends martin in barnsley. wish i had took mine there instead of waiting 2 months for it to be repaired in manchester.

Place at Hillsborough - next to Netto on Middlewood Rd been there years, Sheffield Engine Services 2320400

MR Gearbox is the best place in sheffield for automatic boxes, their number is 01142422347

If you're going to use Mr. Gearbox or Mister Gearbox, be aware that they are 2 different companies

i second this i got a recon box from there for my mk4 aastra for 300 quid fitted. Its as good as new top job!!!

If you're going to use Mr. Gearbox or Mister Gearbox, be aware that they are 2 different companies

in sheffield either mr gearbox or mister gearbox are the same place http://www.mistergearbox.co.uk/

Just spoke to Mister Gearbox (Chris) about some work I need carrying out.

Compared to others I spoke to today;

On first appraisal I'd say he really knows his stuff and more than willing to run through scenarios and possible solutions for the issues I described. The garage is also chock solid for the following week, which is a good indicator from experience.

Off to see him this afternoon!

Edited by walkertelecoms