Oven cleaning price / recommendations ?

You're right , sorry I didn't really give all the info did I? she only lives 15 mins away and she only cooks ready meals to warm them through...so it was probably a lot cleaner than most you're likely to see... but I agree it would have been different travelling a distance to do a grimey one! :)

Hi go to Wilko's and buy the oven pride for £3 and you can do it yourself, it's easy. There are a pair of gloves ,a very large bag and the cleaning liquid . Always have the gloves on and take out the shelves and place in the bag pour 3/4of the liquid in and seal the bag. I left my bag outside over night to soak.(my were real dirty I'm ashamed to say) Then with the rest of the liquid coat the inside of the oven and level coated my glass and leave for a few minuets . Fill a bowl with hot soapy water and get a nonstick scourer and get the splashes of the glass, it comes off easy. Wipe the inside of the oven with the same and then rinse with a hot cloth. Next day take your rails out of the bag and rinse in soapy water . You will be amazed how clean they are and the disgusting liquid that is in the bag. Throw that away and stadium back, to admire your brand new oven. Cause that's what mine look liked. Just £3.00 and it's not difficult . I now roast meat in those roast bags.....

Sounds like that job would take 2-3 hours @£20ph, less tax, materials, Insurance, van , tools, and proper disposal of chemicals.

Probably works out at around £10 pH for a job few people would like to do.

If your happy to diy then so be it.

If you'd like someone to do the jobs you don't have time/don't want to.

Sorry for the rant but a lot of people want things doing for very little money

The above reply is spot on!

If people want to clean their own oven then great do it but the vast majority dont.

Ive done loads recently and its hard work but the results are fantastic.

As mentioned above its not all profit for a proper business with insurance, products etc.

Im currently having a website built and will be charging £45 for a single oven and £55 for a double (including shelves), thats not expensive for the work involved.

Hi,

I'm living in a student house and we need the oven PROPERLY cleaned out and preferably the kitchen/lounge/upstairs landing cleaned.

The house is your average small/medium Crookes house, and we are NOT a dirty or messy household before you run for the hills - it just needs a bit of a once over before the last inspection.

Can anyone give us a quote? It'd be around the 28th-30th June.

student house? that will be a thousand pound.

Sorry..:)

£3.00................http://www.wilko.com/kitchen-cleaners/oven-pride-complete-oven-cleaner-500ml/invt/0218572

There`s a bloke around shiregreen charging £35 to clean your oven. How much would you be willing to pay. Wish i`d thought of it.

OVEN PRIDE , £3 FROM TESCO , BRILLIANT . Follow instructions closely .

Does anyone know of a local oven cleaning company?

OVEN PRIDE , £3 FROM TESCO , BRILLIANT . Follow instructions closely .

I bought the Wilko own version for £1! It works just as good!

Does anyone know of a local oven cleaning company?

Based in Woodseats - highly recommended!

No I don't work for them, but I do know them personally.

http://www.itssimplyclean.co.uk

Blurb from the website

Oven Cleaning -We can clean your Oven - Hob - Extractor - Cooker - Aga - Raeburn - Stanley - Range - Combination Oven

We operate in Sheffield Rotherham Barnsley Doncaster Wakefield Huddersfield Leeds Dronfield Chesterfield Mansfield Worksop Bakewell Castleton Matlock South Yorkshire West Yorkshire Derbyshire and surrounding areas.

We are proud members of The Association Of Approved Oven Cleaners

Ovenu are a company that claim fantastic results with their oven cleaning - or even valeting - service, but their prices are a little eye-watering by all accounts!

That said, cost of a good new oven these days?

Anybody any experience of their service?

Transparent Cleaning Solutions charge £25 when on offer and normally £35 normal. fully insured company,

http://www.facebook.com/TransparentCleaningSolutions

enquiries@transparentcleaningsolutions.com

really good reasonable prices also do carpets etc., they often have 3 for £50 on carpets