When's best/cheapest to buy a tent?

Prices went up around Xmas - I was looking for a backpacker tent. One had been about £35 - down from £70 around October. But shot up to £60, and has only just come down again.

I'm guessing its because they have to offer it for sale for 30 days before discounting.

If you don't mind a used tent then Gumtree quite often has some hardly used tents at great price.

Prices went up for a week but back down again!

Anyone wanting a small backpacking tent can't go wrong with this:

http://www.millets.co.uk/camping/tents/1-2-person-tents/product/093076/eh-backpacker.html?attribute=3703055

Blacks Outlet store also have it on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280559523263&var=580008974096&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

If you pay £35 for a tent you had better hope it doesn't rain.:hihi::hihi:

Try ukcampsites.co.uk. alsorts on there

Prices went up for a week but back down again!

Anyone wanting a small backpacking tent can't go wrong with this:

http://www.millets.co.uk/camping/tents/1-2-person-tents/product/093076/eh-backpacker.html?attribute=3703055

Blacks Outlet store also have it on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280559523263&var=580008974096&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

That is a truly terrible tent.

That is a truly terrible tent.

I agree and you won't get a decent waterproof tent for £30

I felt the need to comment as i have one, it is waterproof but the poles are very dodgy, one of mine went twang the second time i put it up, luckily i was car camping.

If you pay £35 for a tent you had better hope it doesn't rain.:hihi::hihi:

Well I've never paid more than that for a tent and have never got wet when camping in all sorts of mad weather, so I guess I must just have chosen my tents well...

It really makes me laugh when people spend tons of money on a tent, it's really not necessary unless you're planning on camping in seriously extreme conditions. I camped in my £35 tent from early March right through to October and was never cold, wet or in the slightest bit concerned that the tent wasn't going to stay up. I've put it up & taken it down by myself in some pretty strong winds without any problems, and it rolls up small enough for me to carry attached to my rucksack when I go walking. The worst weather I ever had while camping was last September on a campsite high up on the moors in the Pennines, really exposed location, and it absolutely belted it down all night, so if anything was going to go wrong with the tent it'd have been then, but it was absolutely fine. Never had any problems with any of my previous tents either, sorry to disappoint!

Edited by rosaespanola

Well I've never paid more than that for a tent and have never got wet when camping in all sorts of mad weather, so I guess I must just have chosen my tents well...

It really makes me laugh when people spend tons of money on a tent, it's really not necessary unless you're planning on camping in seriously extreme conditions. I camped in my £35 tent from early March right through to October and was never cold, wet or in the slightest bit concerned that the tent wasn't going to stay up. I've put it up & taken it down by myself in some pretty strong winds without any problems, and it rolls up small enough for me to carry attached to my rucksack when I go walking. The worst weather I ever had while camping was last September on a campsite high up on the moors in the Pennines, really exposed location, and it absolutely belted it down all night, so if anything was going to go wrong with the tent it'd have been then, but it was absolutely fine. Never had any problems with any of my previous tents either, sorry to disappoint!

Why do you need a new one then?