Drugs are here to stay..Like it or lump it!

If those products were more readily available they would simply be used more and the problems associated with them beyond criminal activity would simply multiply.

This argument is known to be false; in countries where they are readily available, the usage is lower and the problems barely exist. The same was true in Britain when heroin was available on the NHS.

Lets not just stop at legalising drugs, if all you are bothered about is cutting the crime rate let's make everything legal murder,kidnapping,rape ect. Is it fair to the unborn children of junkeys smackheads whatever you want to call them, to come into the world totally dependent on crack and other crap. If you want to take drugs fine, get neutered then kill yourself with as much as you like because you're just scumbags and no-one will care.

It's about time people realised that drugs are here to stay and something needs to be done about it!

Drugs have been here way longer than people have and why should it be up to a small minority of powerful controling suits as to whether we use these drugs??

Alcohol and nicotine are far more dangerous than crack, heroin and cocaine put together and more people die by using alcohol and nicotine every year than people using crack, heroin and cocaine put together!

The problem is not the drugs, the problem is the lack of education and rehabilitation. The ignorance and the fear of governments!

It's not just about the dealers on the streets and the crime in the UK caused by the drugs trade. It is also about the people who risk their lives and their families lives to produce the drugs in the first place. These people have no choice but to run the risk because they are so poor that they have no option but to work for criminals.

All it takes in one simple move, make all drugs legal, tax them and spend more on education and rehabilitation. The money saved from stopping this ridiculas "war" on drugs would pay for this 10 times over!

Lets face it, there is no war on drugs! The government are throwing millions away every year because they choose to be afraid!

People will always have access to drugs, nothing will ever stop that!

If you agree that there is a need for education about, and re-habilitation from, drugs, this shows that to start using them is a very dangerous step, and likely to be a life wrecking step.

Reason enough to keep them illegal - the minute you make something legal, you are stating that it's perfectly fine to be using them.

The comparison with alcohol shows your muddled thinking - Yes, some people abuse alcohol and kill themselves with it but many millions drink alcohol without taking it to excess and without causing themselves any problems due to their intake - few drug users would fall into that bracket.

With regard to the war on Drugs - it may be unwinnable in the same way that we can't catch all the tax dodgers but, this isn't reason enough to give up trying.

If you make everything legal simply because it's hard to stop, we would live in a completely lawless country where everyone would do as they please.

Lets not just stop at legalising drugs, if all you are bothered about is cutting the crime rate let's make everything legal murder,kidnapping,rape ect. Is it fair to the unborn children of junkeys smackheads whatever you want to call them, to come into the world totally dependent on crack and other crap. If you want to take drugs fine, get neutered then kill yourself with as much as you like because you're just scumbags and no-one will care.
Not in favour of legalisation then? :)

The comparison with alcohol shows your muddled thinking - Yes, some people abuse alcohol and kill themselves with it but many millions drink alcohol without taking it to excess and without causing themselves any problems due to their intake - few drug users would fall into that bracket.
Thats just not true. The majority of drug users already fall into that bracket. Its generally only the users of the really hard drugs that tend to have problems. There are few ecstasy users commiting crime for their fix. Few marijuana smokers are addicted to it. Few users of Magic Mushrooms being anti-social.

You are missing my point.

My arguement is that the really dangerous drugs are legal. The less harmful and less adictive drugs are legal.

Fair enough, taking LSD or heroin has a much stronger effect on the nody, but if you were to inject the same amount of pure alcohol into your blood you would need to be hospitalised.

How would legalising something that is already available make things worse?

I must drink in different places, I never seen a queue at the bar with people asking for syringe full of beer.

Don't know when to stop? Like a binge drinker? or a smoker that is addicted? You are a fool because you try to convince yourself or others that you are right, - You as an individual may think you were fine and in control but you did cause damage, - people I knew listened to arguments like yours but eventually had to accept that it did cause problems, and it wasn't down to quality of product. If those products were more readily available they would simply be used more and the problems associated with them beyond criminal activity would simply multiply. It is not that you want to have a good time, it is the way you want to have it and the wider consequences that are involved because of it.

Out of interest, - you said in the past, but why did you stop?

I still like to smoke cannabis once in a while but I stopped with the "class A's" because I grew out of it. You can only party with your matesevery weekend for so long.

Legalising drugs could not and would not make the situation worse and I have yet to hear an arguement that says otherwise!

For a start murder, kidnap and rape kind of involve other people don't they?? Someone taking drugs at home isn't harming anyone else, so please don't try and put heroin addicts in the same boat as rapists etc!

Secondly, what about unborn babies of alcoholics that are born dependent on alcohol?? Is this acceptable because alcohol is a legal TAXED drug??

If you agree that there is a need for education about, and re-habilitation from, drugs, this shows that to start using them is a very dangerous step, and likely to be a life wrecking step.

Reason enough to keep them illegal - the minute you make something legal, you are stating that it's perfectly fine to be using them.

With regard to the war on Drugs - it may be unwinnable in the same way that we can't catch all the tax dodgers but, this isn't reason enough to give up trying.

If you make everything legal simply because it's hard to stop, we would live in a completely lawless country where everyone would do as they please.

Correct, it is perfectly fine to take drugs, as long as you aren't harming anyone else around you.

Drugs were on this planet a long time before man. They grow naturally, why should I be told that I can't use something natural?

You should be able to buy cannabis and grow it yourself for personal use.

I must drink in different places, I never seen a queue at the bar with people asking for syringe full of beer.

Ha Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha Ha! FUNNY!

Ha Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha Ha! FUNNY!

Well c'mon, it's like saying a skate board is more dangerous than a car, well I'm sure it can be if you using on the fast lane of the M1.

Alcohol and nicotine are far more dangerous than crack, heroin and cocaine put together and more people die by using alcohol and nicotine every year than people using crack, heroin and cocaine put together!

What on Earth are you talking about, you mad man? It seems to me that smoking all that pot has affected your thinking. If what you say is true and more people do die from problems associated with tobacco and alcohol useage, it's because more people consume them. If the same amount of people that drink and smoke are matched with those using hard drugs, the picture would be quite different.