Photos of tinsley park

i was born at 61 Ranskill Road , lived there till 1960, then moved up attercliffe, i remember the co-op and the shop further up and websters paper shop, also the cricket ground that had the big iron roller in the grounds, one of the fearrady brothers got his leg crushed under it

i was born at 61 Ranskill Road , lived there till 1960, then moved up attercliffe, i remember the co-op and the shop further up and websters paper shop, also the cricket ground that had the big iron roller in the grounds, one of the fearrady brothers got his leg crushed under it

did you know any of the mather family. They lived at 59.79. and 81.

yes there was a mathers familey lived next door, think they were an oldish couple that would have been 59, im sure my mum would remember we live at 61 with my mums parents we had the front room

---------- Post added 15-02-2013 at 19:23 ----------

ok thanks lens a tenor i will have a look

---------- Post added 17-02-2013 at 11:56 ----------

Sue Mather....Are you the grandaughter of Mr @ Mrs Mather i know they lived at 59, i know they had a son and daughter John @ Freda, i think john married someone called violet, and i think they had 2 children Janet @ John, louie worked in the shop up the road she married had a son jeffery, as far as i know Freda never married, she had longish wavey hair think it was ginger or gingerish

did you know any of the mather family. They lived at 59.79. and 81.

I do, if it is the same ones.

Yes i remember the mathers....freda had ginger hair i think i lived at 61

If sue mather wants to send me a pm I can enlighten her. I cannot send PM's apparently. Ta.

---------- Post added 11-10-2013 at 20:21 ----------

I am John Mather . I don't seem to be able to send messages. Your surname must begin with the letter C though. Sue was trying to get in touch, she must have mislaid my letter of November 2009.

---------- Post added 11-10-2013 at 20:23 ----------

That was my Auntie Freda. She died in August 2009.

---------- Post added 11-10-2013 at 20:26 ----------

That was my Auntie Freda. She died in August 2009.

I am stuart crump lived at 61 with my sister adele i was 9 when we moved from ranskill road in 1960...me my sister my mum and dad we lived with mums mam and dad and my auntie brenda all in one house and my mums brother david their sername was crapper

My Grandad Wilf, and my Grandma lived at number 59. My dad was called John ( but known as Jack) and my Aunty Louie and Auntie Freda lived there as well. If Sue wants to get in touch my Email address is [email protected]. [email protected] I didn't want to give that out, but the private message function doesn't seem to work on this batphone. P.S. I have done a family tree for Sue.

Keep smiling - John.

:help:Sue is the grandaughter of my Grandad's brother . I am the Grandson of Wilf Mather. Billy was the other brother of my Grandad. He ran a shop in Ranskill Road which he bought with the compensation that he got from saving some fellow miners by shoving a pit prop that he pit prop into a runaway wagon into the rails . Trouble was that although saved the lads it came off the rails and took his leg off. Sue's gran H

dad, Jack, was the third brother.

Hence Sue is the grandaughter of my great uncle Jack, who had a tash like Jimmy Edwards.Great uncle Billy ( the bloke with the wooden leg who owned the shop) and great uncle Jack, with the tash, both died in about 1958/9.

Edited by Kadogo
Clarification

yes i remember....th shop was about 150 yards up the road