Can anyone recommend a Cattery?

We used Morningside cattery last year, and although we had no problems, I was just a bit concerned when we were asked if we wanted to buy insurance for our cats stay. My cats are insured anyway, but the other cattery that we used on a regular basis, until it changed hands, had insurance included in the cost of housing the cats. I'm not sure if this is a new thing, but it did concern me slightly.

storrs hall cattery (I think it's called, at Stannington). Elaine's great with the cats. Have taken all ours there and always will. Double locked doors so there's no escapees and she really cares for them and knows all there names.

YES "the river"

I take it your not a cat lover......and the river is exactly someone like you would take a cat or kitten, rather than look after it like the responsible cat owners on here would. Well, it doesn't cost anything does it? In order to have a cat boarded in a cattery it needs its vacs, (which cost money) and for the likes of you, to vacs and board a cat will probably cost more than your holiday! This may be a bit harsh, but tough, keep your unkind and non helpful remarks to yourself!

:(I would definitely NOT recommend this cattery. We put our cats in for 1 week in October. We were told that they would be looked after and fed on the requested diet; we also stated at this time that they were house cats and had not been in a cattery before.

When we returned from holiday “I’m glad it was only 1 week” we were told there had not been any problems. We collected the cats and went home. Upon opening the cat travel box we discovered our very much loved cats in a terrible condition. They were both sneezing and coughing and had lost considerable weight. They were also very lethargic.

Within 1 hour of returning home we had to visit the emergency vet, he gave injections anti inflammatory and pain killers.

After three days they are both still in pain and discomfort so we visited our own vet, who again gave anti inflammatory and pain killing injections. All this has left us very disappointed and angry in the way our cats were looked after also over £200 out of pocket

They are still sneezing, very lethargic and frightened after 4 days

Our Cats will definitely not be going to that or any other cattery again.

Morningside cattery, Ecclesfield

I would very highly recommend Cloughfields 5* cat hotel. We went away for three weeks in Oct and our cats had never been in a cattery before, we looked around a few (including a few recommended on here) and it was by far the best. It was the only one we went to where all the cats weren't mewing and at the cage doors desperate for attention. All the units have a heated indoor section and an outdoor section and there's loads of comfy places for them to sleep and toys too. Our cats seemed very happy there and I know a number of other people who recommend it too. The only downside is that it's pricey, but well worth the money!

My mother has used Willow Tree at Spinkhill on several occasions. The lady there keeps the pens spotless, she is always cleaning them when we've been to drop 3 mogs off. The surroundings are pleasant too, with horse fields next door. They will also collect your cat for a small charge which is very convenient. And the gentleman helps you reverse your car out as they are near the Spinkhill bumps!

Ours only go to the cattery when they absolutely have to and we use The Meers in Meersbrook.

They get plenty of fuss, the pens are spacious & heated, special diets & medication catered for too.

The cats always come back fatter & look dead miffed when you come to take them home!!

My two cats have always stayed in Mosborough cattery. They have always come back healthy and happy (well as happy as they can be) I have (touching wood) never had a problem with them.

This yr is the test for me though as my dog will be going in this time aswell, I'm really nervous about this but I know they will look after her but for some reason it just feels different when its the dog.

Their prices are ok as well, £8.50 for both cats per day and £8.50 for he pooch per day.

It's a pity a poll could not be done on here of the best cattery to use, cos I am SO confused :confused:. I have never left my cat at a cattery before. From what I have read so far, A1 seems like a good one. No doubt someone out there may dispute that. Please do!

there are other options to you could have a pet sitter call a number of times aday or stay overnight with you cat. less stressfull for your cat , Cats tend to be happeir in their own home enviroment.

I have heard good things about A1, but do consider using a pet sitter also, we look after 2 cats who are 18 and 19 years old as there is no way their owner would trust them going to a cattery. We also look after diabetic cats, again the owners wont trust the cattery to administer the insulin ro know what to do if things went wrong. Another house has 19 champion show cats - imagine the bill putting all of those in a cattery. They are much less stressed if they are able to stay at home with someone coming in several times a day to care for them.