Can anyone recommend a Cattery?

We use Meers cattery. We used to g that one on Bocking lane , greenhill, but the owner rang us one Sunday lunchtime to tell us we cannot collect our cat tonight, as he`s going to the pub. We insisted that he let us pick up our cat, which he eventually did.

He also told us the cattery is not staffed on a Sunday.:mad::o

So what are people paying for then?

We use Meers cattery. We used to g that one on Bocking lane , greenhill, but the owner rang us one Sunday lunchtime to tell us we cannot collect our cat tonight, as he`s going to the pub. We insisted that he let us pick up our cat, which he eventually did.

I think what he meant is they don't open on sundays !!! they do have staff who work on a sunday as one of the girls i used to nanny for works there 10 til 4 on a sunday.

I think what he meant is they don't open on sundays !!! they do have staff who work on a sunday as one of the girls i used to nanny for works there 10 til 4 on a sunday.

Rosslyn mews it is. And if he meant that he must say that. Disgusting.:rant:

Rosslyn mews it is. And if he meant that he must say that. Disgusting.:rant:

well they do have workers there as i said one of my previous charges works there and sundays are the one of the days she works , the care the cats get there is superb ! according to Lizzy! she has worked there for a while now so should know.thats rosslyn mews!

We also use Meers, have done for a good 5 or so years and all our family with pets now use them too.

I feel reassured the cats we've had there over the years have always been well looked after and seem happy. Heather that runs the cattery is clearly an animal lover and a nice girl and I think its got a nice peaceful setting for them too.

The cattery that my sister used wasn't open on Sundays for collection of her cat (she was happy with that) but of course there was someone there to feed them etc. Stop being over dramatic for goodness sakes :help:

I use A1 cats at Whiston they are fabulous and have always offered the best care possible, Bob and Clare are both cat lovers and have gone out of their way to ensure that my pet is well looked after.

Edited by CeeCee

well they do have workers there as i said one of my previous charges works there and sundays are the one of the days she works , the care the cats get there is superb ! according to Lizzy! she has worked there for a while now so should know.thats rosslyn mews!

I don`t dispute the level of cat care. When a wopman makes an arrangement to get back her cat on a Sunday, they should stick to what they have agreed, not ring her and say its a no go. Admit the mistake made, that`s all.;)

:loopy:What a joke Morningside Cattery is! We had booked our cat in with them and they had agreed that we could drop him off at 6 p.m. on a Sunday. However, at 11.00 a.m. on the day we were supposed to be taking him down, they rang us to say that they only took cats in a 10.00 a.m. on a Sunday (fair enough, but why did they agree to take him at 6 p.m.?), that they wouldn't be in later to take him. In fact the chap who rang us blamed someone else for the error when it was he who we had spoken to initially, tried to play the sympathy card by saying he was visiting a disabled relative who would be disappointed if he didn't turn up but then never even rang us back when we asked him for a solution! My question is - if they can't make a simple booking how the hell are they able to look after my cat? (We ended up leaving kitty at home with someone coming to feed him - not ideal from my point of view but I would rather do that than trust someone so incompetent with him)

Just collected my cats from Morningside cattery and my old cat is in a terrible state. Fur all matted, dirty back end, limping and can't even manage to get himself up onto the sofa! Will have to take him to the vet tomorrow. A friend tried to visit the cattery to check on them while I was away and gave up after the conversation with the chap who didn't want to let her in because the pens had been disinfected and she might have "stepped in dog poo and would contaminate the clean area"! Cats already in baskets when I called to collect them so didn't see what a bad state my old boy was in before getting him home. Would never use them again or recommend them!

try a1 at s60 googel it

:PWe normally use Kate at Westwood Cattery. She is fab with the cats, is always on the cattery when I ring either cleaning or feeding them and charges half as much as some others. She doesn't advertise but goes by recommendation. Unfortunately she was full the week we needed her hence our experience with Morningside. Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned her as she is so popular I have already booked for half term in October!

I collected my 2 cats from skew hill cattery today after an 8 day stay and my boy cat marley has come back not his usual self and with what I suspect is an eye infection. He was fine when I left him there and now his eye is very gungy and he can barely open it. Does anybody know if its possible he could have caught it from the cattery? I'm not very impressed as like I said he went in fine and dandy and now he seems quite dosile and his poor eye looks sore. I'm taking him to the vets tomorrow but its extra cost that I don't think I would have had if it wasn't for the cattery. Hmmm any suggestions?