Can anyone recommend a Cattery?

As much as we hate to, we're going to have to put our beloved (and rather elderly) cat in a pet hotel for a little over a month.

I know there are bunches of catteries in Sheffield, but I really don't feel comfortable choosing one at random. Can anyone recommend one that is really good?

On a related note, anyone know of any good B&B's in Sheffield that allow cats?

Thanks in advance.

i've had to put my cat in lots of different catteries before but non compaired to Morining Side cattery in ecclesfield on Chapletown Road.

its run by two men with a very deep passion for cats, its extreamly clean, the cats get fed their regular food what you feed them at home. they get played with, entertained and generally very well looked after. the price is very reasonable and well worth cheching out.

Nixie and Morrison recommend Elaine at Storrs Hall Cattery in the Loxley Valley. Fab views of the hills, lots of fresh air, cuddles and horses to watch. 0114 233 4162 :thumbsup:

I have to agree, morningside cattery is by far the best in sheffield

Thank you everyone. I will probably call Morning Side tomorrow and see if they can accomodate her.

I really appreciate the help, this has taken a big load off my mind.

I too am going to have to put my cat into a cattery for three weeks in the summer.

I will give Morningside a call- does anyone know about prices? I'd rather pay a bit more to know she's being looked after, but I am on a budget!

Moscar, at Bradfield come recomended by my brother in law. he says they are a bit pricey, but they are good.

However, just to relate an incident with another cattery/ kennels... skew hill, at grenoside, managedto lose my brother in law's cat, when it was in their care.

It happened to escape... It's probably "gone feral" in greno woods by now! They were devastated at him being allowed to escape.

PT

Hi i hate to disagree with everyone but i put my cat in morningside a couple of years ago and will not be taking her back, my cat`s a fussy eater so i took her own food which came back untouched so they had been feeding her there own food saying she ate ok(which i doubt), we arrived a little early to collect her and had to wait outside for opening time, the chap was still in his kitchen having breakfast, when we got to the cattery my cat was waiting there already in her carrier leaving me wondering how long she had been in it.

Acacia Lodge at Wentworth a lovely place a real home from home, thats where i would recommend

I've 2 cats and been going to the same place for a few years but its outside sheffield (I dont know where you live). I've used them alot.

A1 Country Cats Hotel. Its just outside Whiston, Rotherham. 01709 820306. When I've compared prices they are bit more expensive than some others but worth it (something like £7-8/day for 2 cats). They get booked up which is a good sign.

There is one nearer to me - Ridgeway I think - but they also have kennels and I don't want my cats spending a week listening to all that barking. I'd bear that in mind when thinking where to take them.

Originally posted by threecolours

I've 2 cats and been going to the same place for a few years but its outside sheffield (I dont know where you live). I've used them alot.

A1 Country Cats Hotel. Its just outside Whiston, Rotherham. 01709 820306. When I've compared prices they are bit more expensive than some others but worth it (something like £7-8/day for 2 cats). They get booked up which is a good sign.

There is one nearer to me - Ridgeway I think - but they also have kennels and I don't want my cats spending a week listening to all that barking. I'd bear that in mind when thinking where to take them.

I agree I have used A1 Country Cats hotel for years but you have to book a while in advance as they are so good.

I agree - I used to have a cat and used A1 Cat Hotel all the time and they were wonderful - I always felt it was worth the long drive out to take her there.

I'm about to get a new kitten and am glad A1 is still in business - I will undoubtedly go back there again at some point in the future.

Hi

Try Willow Tree cattery in Spinkhill. We have a very spoilt cat who is in on special food and has to drink plenty of water potherwise he gets cystitis. He also gets stressed when we leave him and typically vomits when we get home. However since using this cattery he actually seems to enjoy us going away.