United's Biggest Win in Last 40 years

Well done Poirot:hihi: Theres a good photo from Millwall in 1974 on my Facebook page never realised we all used to wear red and white scarfs in those days lol

I love reading this sort of thread, memories and enthusiasm flowing and me thinking , I've missed all that and those days are of the ilk I'll never see.

I love reading this sort of thread, memories and enthusiasm flowing and me thinking , I've missed all that and those days are of the ilk I'll never see.

Whenever there is a rendition of “ I want to be in that number” it brings it all back and obviously the expectation of the future ………. Don’t laugh we will have our day.

Another quality trip was to Malta to see United in a pre season friendly about 20 of us turned up for the tour the only problem was the team didn't but did we mind no the flags were out and we found a Maltese 3rd Division game to go to, we made more noise than the entire stadium put together they thought we were mental, the manager looked just like Jose Mourniho and got some real stick great tour just a shame the team didn't turn up, we phoned Football Heaven from the stadium and they were gobsmacked

but did we mind no the flags were out and we found a Maltese 3rd Division game to go to, we made more noise than the entire stadium put together they thought we were mental,

Sounds great ……… If Heineken did pre-season friendlies …………. :cool:

Who can forget this
, See the kid at about 4 minutes, peskys goal and even walker did us a favour.

I will get in first ............. yes I know always the bridesmaid. :hihi:

Ahhh a good team before robson took over.

Ahhh a good team before robson took over.

I don’t know about a “good” team but definitely one that gave it all.

Well done Poirot:hihi: Theres a good photo from Millwall in 1974 on my Facebook page never realised we all used to wear red and white scarfs in those days lol

I dont know you mate but back in those days you got to recognise the die hards. we took thousands to the likes of oldham and blackburn but to the likes of millwall and cardiff back in the 70's it was the same old faces. the photo i think your on about at millwall is my photo and was from 79 a mutual friend of ours nz tagged you in it.

Cant believe nobody mentioned the 1-0 win cup over Liverpool (late 70's i think)

Cant believe nobody mentioned the 1-0 win cup over Liverpool (late 70's i think)

i was there for that game too, gary hamson at the kop end:thumbsup:

since 89 i recall us beating Oldham 7-2 at the Lane in the Zenith Data Cup in 1990 and Spurs 6-0 at the Lane in about 1992/93.

Most goals and most thrilling has to go to the Brighton match at home 1989 in our promotion season 5-4 to the Blades -

remember the spurs game, it was an evening match and gary lineker was playing and hardly touched the ball

i was there for that game too, gary hamson at the kop end:thumbsup:

liverpool hammered us that night. kept hitting woodwork and conroy had a stormer in goal. next round we played leeds put nicky johns in goal he was garbage that night and currie and co beat us 1-4.