United's Biggest Win in Last 40 years

I remember that season well rossy, we had a good cup run getting to the 5th round for the first time in 21 years. I went to Carrow Road where we lost 3-2 to a Norwich side who were second in the first division at the time.

A multi millionaire would not be able to buy the memories from that season.

6 up in a cortina leaning out and swapping lager for guinness at 90 MPH on the A1 on the way to darlington while dressed as freddie flintstone.

Oh to be young and daft again.

Happy days.

A multi millionaire would not be able to buy the memories from that season.

6 up in a cortina leaning out and swapping lager for guinness at 90 MPH on the A1 on the way to darlington while dressed as freddie flintstone.

Oh to be young and daft again.

Happy days.

That Norwich game I mentioned was in the 88/89 season, sorry I got it a bit mixed up with 81/82 season. I was at Darlington but I had to settle for Tizer and Lilt instead of Guinness and lager.

scunthorpe 7-3 in the 4th division?

Northampton.

Was that the one Edwards got 4 or 5 ?

I remember that one as we got some free tickets from school and I was forced to go;)

if memory serves me right, len badger scored from practically the half way line

it was a cracker mate 35 yards into the kop end.

Was that the one Edwards got 4 or 5 ?

I remember that one as we got some free tickets from school and I was forced to go;)

Edwards got a hat trick, Bob Hatton got two and John Macphail and Steve Neville scored the others.

Checking on soccerbase, says the Cardiff win was 3rd December 1977, .

i was one of about 150 blades that travelled to this game. i remember it was an early kick off due to power cuts in the area. also woodward scored his 150th league goal in this game. we ran the gauntlet at full time back to coaches from knife wielding taffs.

not the biggest away win i remember tho. benefit game for a young blade keeper who sadly passed away keith soloman. we played exeter city away on march 21st 1981 and drew 1-1 after the game about 200 of us travelled on to truro where the benefit game took place the day after on a sunday afternoon. solomon came to us from truro city. we beat them 9-1 steve charles-3, trenton wiggan -2, john ryan, bob hatton, steve neville, mike trusson 1 each. and for last 10 minutes cez coldwell (coach) came on as sub. so i can say i saw coldwell play for united.

think we once put 12 past skegness in a pre season game but remember nowt about it as stewards would'nt let us take our drinks out of the bar behind the goal:D

remember going to wrexham in the f a cup 83/84 won 5-1 edwards - 4 and kevin arnott.

remember going to wrexham in the f a cup 83/84 won 5-1 edwards - 4 and kevin arnott.

He got 4 against Gillingham that season as well.

He got 4 against Gillingham that season as well.

yes i remember it pal first game of season. i only missed 1 game that seaon night game at orient in fact that game was the first i'd missed since we played sunderland away in january 78. worked it out i did 199 games on the trot orient would have been 200..... bugger. :(

I did all those games and more and still as daft as ever. Used use my leave up from the Army so I could travel from Germany for a weekend.

Absolutely great times just mentioned it to the wife she was about 6months pregnant in 1981 and she drove to Exeter and Truro that weekend and only nearly killed us once when she was so knackered she didn't see a roundabout coming at us thick and fast but fortunately for my daughter to be she missed it

I did all those games and more and still as daft as ever. Used use my leave up from the Army so I could travel from Germany for a weekend.

Absolutely great times just mentioned it to the wife she was about 6months pregnant in 1981 and she drove to Exeter and Truro that weekend and only nearly killed us once when she was so knackered she didn't see a roundabout coming at us thick and fast but fortunately for my daughter to be she missed it

Billy our epic 5-1 away at Lingfield but be on the list !! never saw a goal again was in the down stairs bar watching hurling with some old geezers!!

do you remember the club house behind the goal. loads of us laid out on grass bank drinking all game.

think i may know of you are you W.L