Emmanuel youth club attercliffe

anybody remember the youth club on leeds rds across from brown bayleys. i went there from 1970 onwards.hugh evans.and harry savage ran it.had a gud five a side team.would like to hear from you?

Hi rmbc.I went a few times.it was just past **** hat on left set back if thats right ?.memory plays tricks.but all my mates used to go to one at collrage Rd school. so ended up going there.

hi cliffsharky.thats right just passed cocked hat.was a great club.gud for footie. snooker etc you remember any names you went with? never went to coleridge but my sons used to when we lived down there..

I realise the previous posts were made some time ago, but just wanted to confirm that the youth club was held at or near Emmanuel Church? When did the church close? Does anyone have any photos?

Many thanks

I think your eldest brother Frank held the weight lifting record there so years before :huh:

I don't know much about the Emmanuel Youth Club as I am a Brummie who married a yorkshire lass! The mother-in-law passed away some time ago and we found some film footage in amongst her things and posted it on Vimeo. I beleive it was a trip in 1946-47 by the Emmanuel Youth Club to Sweden, I also beleive it was filmed by the vicar, Mr Kent and it was the first trip of its kind after the war. The first few minutes are a very old promotional film about the Sheffield steel industry.

Unfortunately I cannot include a link to the page until I have submitted at least five posts. So let me know if anyones interested?

I remember playing football against Emmanuel youth club back in the 60s, they had a good side, we also use to go and play them at table tennis in their club down the cliffe.

correct raymondo.frank was the strongest man in attercliffe ha ha.the youth club was brilliant for footie snooker table tennis used to hold discos as well.remember grayson family. roy ahmed.dick bates.harry strutt.hugh evans used to run it. with harry savage.they had one of the best five a side teams in the country.i used to go nd watch them everywhere.was devo when it shut down.miss all the camarardy with the lads.butterleys averys stocks as well.

hello I went to the emmanuell y c with Hughie and harry savage no one ever used the showers .yes it was a good footie team great shame when it was pulled down remember the weights on the stage and the telly room.the full sized snooker table was good as well.:D

Hiya old sutty. Gaz ere. Ope you r well. Them were the days eh! Hue ebbins Harry savage. Roy aed running riot in youth club. Gud five a side team tho. Graysons Batesy strutty etc. c u soon.

hie gaz yes youth club was good so was football team you keeping okay .played harry strut in snooker final and beat him our world championship ha ha. good footie player as well harryafter youthy if you had any dosh straight to chip ole on the corner some used to go to barneys for a hot vimto or margarets café on pinball.hope to see you soon pal .:loopy: