Charity fishing match, anyone fancy it ?

im trying to raise some money for a charity called wheels for the world, which helps supply wheelchairs to the africa region.

we have arranged a pond which i doubt anyone on here as ever fished, but if you like commercials you will LOVE this place, the carp are mean mint fighters and are hardly ever caught.even the roach here reach about 2lb, the match record is about 130lb at the moment

we are trying to find a group of 9 anglers to fish against and make it a bit of a team event, cost will be about £15 per angler with some cash going to the winning team and most of it going for a charity ?

match will be in late april on a saturday.

can anyone help get 9 anglers.

do you need 9 to make your team up,also some venue details would help specially the name of it,if you need someone to make your team to 9 drop me a line and i'll come for a day out

well my club is providing a group of 9 so if possible i would need another group of 9 to fish against. like a team vs team event.

the pond is called westwoodside and is owned by the south yorkshire police, amazing venue and a joy to sit on the banks there cos its lovely

tried getting a group togther befor similar to this and it becomes a right ball ache,people always seem to drop out at the last min !! if you end up being short let us know and i'll happily make numbers up

if you are short count me in if i say i will do something i do not usualy back out. Got a club match in june at westwoodside not the same venue though

thank you pkingy too :-)

you will be on that venue just to the side of the police ponds then, that new pond he has built there (match pond ) ? looked pretty good last year as it being finished

bigsexydoug which club you fish for ?

bigsexydoug which club you fish for ?

no one special gizzeh, just a small company team and a very small pub team

http://sypaccouk.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=information

Match Result for WWS on Sat 3rd July - Dry Nets Club.

On a blustery, hot day, weights were not as expected.

1st - P.Bowater 23lb 14oz

2nd - J Dixon 20lb 0oz

3rd - A Atter 15lb 0oz.

Match result for Sat Sept 18th.

1st - Peg 1 - 24lb 14oz.

2nd - Peg 10 16lb 9oz.

3rd - Peg 9 - 11lb 2oz.

http://sypaccouk.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=information

Match Result for WWS on Sat 3rd July - Dry Nets Club.

On a blustery, hot day, weights were not as expected.

1st - P.Bowater 23lb 14oz

2nd - J Dixon 20lb 0oz

3rd - A Atter 15lb 0oz.

Match result for Sat Sept 18th.

1st - Peg 1 - 24lb 14oz.

2nd - Peg 10 16lb 9oz.

3rd - Peg 9 - 11lb 2oz.

the results there do look poor, to be fair

however we normally have a winner around the 40lb mark give or take, and there is also 2 benefits, the pond is beautiful, nice reads, nice margings, islands etc and also the carp fight like crazy, because it is a private pond the carp arent caught all that often and my god they make you know it :-)