What's The Best Gig You've Ever Been To?

Who? Where? When? What made it the best? etc etc...

I'd have to say:

Coldplay @ Weston Park, Stafford 2003

I was totally blown away by the performance, this has to be one of the tighest sets they have ever played!

Everything about the gig was incredible. I was with the missus, and "Yellow" is our song (so that obviously contributed to an amazing experience). You know when you go to see a band that are riding high on the crest of a wave and you build em' up so much that the gig can't possibly measure up to your expectations? Well it was better than I could have ever imagined. :thumbsup:

What a night!!! I was on a high for weeks afterwards.... :bigsmile:

So what are everyone else's Best Ever Gigs????

The Chili's last year were the best. They're my fav band and I've wanted to see them for ages, so that might be why.

Anthony did call us facists or something, but lets be honest, chicks on speed were a rubbish support :gag:

Mine has to be seeing the Zen Hussies Shambala 04. I think they played from 4 in the afternoon to 12 at night or something like that.

slash's snakepit at the corporation about 3/4 years ago...the place went mental when a guns n roses song was played...and i got knocked to the floor and stepped all over....but what a gig.:D

For me, the best one I ever went to just has to be "Terrorvision", doing an impromptu gig in the beer garden at a rock pub at the side of Cole Brothers, in Sheffield city centre, the summer of 1993, (the night before they played heavy metal fest at Don Valley Stadium with def leppard, metallica etc).

It was fantastic, I was able bodied, then, and moshed my heart out, standing on a beer crate (LOL) so I could see over the tall blokes blocking my view.

What a night! What an atmosphere!

ACE!

PT

Originally posted by Plain Talker

For me, the best one I ever went to just has to be "Terrorvision", doing an impromptu gig in the beer garden at a rock pub at the side of Cole Brothers, in Sheffield city centre, the summer of 1993, (the night before they played heavy metal fest at Don Valley Stadium with def leppard, metallica etc).

It was fantastic, I was able bodied, then, and moshed my heart out, standing on a beer crate (LOL) so I could see over the tall blokes blocking my view.

ACE!

PT

It was round the back of the Yorkshireman. I was there.

that's the very one, slh. I could not for the life of me remember the name of the pub! lol

If you saw a little, plump blonde-haired woman, dressed like a hippy, standing on a beer crate, moshing, that was me! lol

PT

One of the best gigs I've been to was a Meatloaf and Cher tribute thingy at the City Hall Ballroom about 2 years ago.. The woman who did Cher had won Stars in their eyes doing Cher the previous year and was almost better than the real Cher herself, and the bloke who did Meatloaf was also pretty good...

Originally posted by Plain Talker

ACE!

PT

terrorvision are one of the best live acts EVER in my opinon...defo in my top 5...not in my top 5 fav bands...but such an amazing live act.

Iv been to two... Green Day in Milton Keynes (19th June) and McFly at Hallam Arena 21st September.

Green Day are the best!!! :)

ooooh difficult.

Seeing the Foo's at Reading in 94 which was their first gi in the UK (I think) was amazing. Had to be stopped 3 times due to pure chaos. We spent 3 hours establishing our postion at the front (through Echobelly, Moist, Whale) for my mate to be crowdsurfaced out of the tent after 1 song :P :P

also Pavement were amazing at Reading (although they did blow the speakers but the drum stick fight made up for it!) and seeing them at the Foundry as well :thumbsup:

I seem to get to gigs a lot (maybe not as much as I used to these days)

So to pick one gig and count that as the best gig would be really difficult as each had their own merits

- but the best Live band i've seen (and the most times) is a Rock Band called Thunder

I just bought tickets to see them for the 19th time

They are constly great - I've never seen them do a bad show

I whole hearted recommend them to anyone who wants a great night out