Road surfacing has our council got its priorities all wrong!!

cant believe what i have just seen at Blackstock road tip, are the council taking the absolute p***, a full crew of tarmac vehicles road planing vehicles doing guess what??? re surfacing the service road to the tip:loopy::loopy: i agree its not in that good a state but surely to god there are far more deserving bits of actual public road that need doing first with all the pot holes etc in this city, they managed to dress some holes 2 weeks ago on hutcliffe wood and now its just as bad as before ....what a waste of time.............i dont think the left hand knows what the right is doing at the roads dept:rant::rant:

cant believe what i have just seen at Blackstock road tip, are the council taking the absolute p***, a full crew of tarmac vehicles road planing vehicles doing guess what??? re surfacing the service road to the tip:loopy::loopy: i agree its not in that good a state but surely to god there are far more deserving bits of actual public road that need doing first with all the pot holes etc in this city, they managed to dress some holes 2 weeks ago on hutcliffe wood and now its just as bad as before ....what a waste of time.............i dont think the left hand knows what the right is doing at the roads dept:rant::rant:

Left hand is holding the book/magazine

Right hand is doing the most important aspect of the job in hand

They have done a great job around us, re-surfaced loads of roads. North side of the city

They have done a great job around us, re-surfaced loads of roads. North side of the city

wheres that then:suspect:

I don't know about a "great job" Chapel Road is breaking up in several places as expected with the bodge job that was done.

I seriously doubt this was funded out of the highway maintenance budget, because it isn't highway. I would hazard a guess it was funded by Veolia, the private company that run tips in Sheffield.

I seriously doubt this was funded out of the highway maintenance budget, because it isn't highway. I would hazard a guess it was funded by Veolia, the private company that run tips in Sheffield.

nope the road is part of the council land and with a council officer overseeing, and as you say veolia just "run it" not fund it or road repairs, i may be wrong but it doesnt look like it.

nope the road is part of the council land and with a council officer overseeing, and as you say veolia just "run it" not fund it or road repairs, i may be wrong but it doesnt look like it.
You could always contact Street Force tomorrow if you want a definitive answer about the funding of the work.

You must live a different North side to me..............:rant:

Spooning globs of hot liquorice into huge holes doesn't count as 'resurfacing'

It's classed as bodging a job, the next spell of freezing weather will have it all back out and twice as bad.

They might as well burn twenty pound notes and fling them out the town hall windows.

wheres that then:suspect:

It can't be Hillsborough, most of the side streets have craters in them now!

Cowper ave has been re-done, as has Deerlands avenue, as has the roundabout with the Co-op on it at Southey.

There have been others I have seen but these are off the top of my head.

These have all been fully re-surfaced.