'Sexist' Sky commentators dropped.

Just popped into this thread to say, I think it's all a bit suspect, yes they said what they said, but it was a private conversation, who recorded it? Maybe Sky are wanting an excuse to get rid of these two commentators? and by recording and releasing it and causing all this controversy they have got what they wanted. just my opinion :)

Andy Gray is embroiled in the News of the World phone hacking scandal so someone might want a reason to shut him up. Never underestimate Murdoch the merciless and his hideous minions.

Edited by websters gue

oh for goodness sake if people cant take the banter dont stay in the game.....some people take themselves far too seriously, what was said has been said a hundred times before get over it!

Would you consider the negative generalisations about women, is precisely what keeps many of them from participating or seeking a professional career in football or any male dominated industry?

In my opinion that makes us poorer because selections are not being made from the widest pool of possible talent.

Perhaps Sky will give Kay Burley the job.

Then you'll hear a far more balanced commentary.

From Murdoch's favourite pit bull!

There's nothing balanced about her

Women playing or refereeing football matches is plainly WRONG ! It's almost as bad as Women playing Cricket or Rugby. Nasty !

Women can't play in the league. How many women managers are there? The whole sport is male dominated and sexist. So is formukla one and rugby and cricket. I say legislate so that half the players have to be women.

While what they said is not as important as the way it was said the only reason they have been dropped is because it pleases the press. These days the press has to have an apology from famous people so they can smugly judge them and point out how hideous they are. The people don't actually have to mean it. They just have to dance to the media's faux outrage over what a bad person they are. (Tiger Woods i'm looking at you) Then once they've apologised they can then blame an addiction/abuse as a child/a drugs hell for their actions - which will be serialised in the paper making everyone some money - and everything can carry on as normal.

In a case like this if the people aren't going to apologise then their employer takes action instead to prove how responsible they are and how serious they take it but without taking any real serious action.

In short has anyone asked the lineswoman how she feels about it? Presumably shes big enough to take it and dismiss the silly boys. I doubt she needs the fleet street hyena pack fighting her corner.

Slow news day.

The people concerned may have been offended, but who else actually cares?

I wonder whether anybody else was insulted by ********ist (insert whatever you like) remarks recently?

If I was a woman I'm pretty sure I would be offended by the comments.
I never realised you were such a delicate little flower! If it were two women commentators saying that about a man would you be offended?

While what they said is not as important as the way it was said the only reason they have been dropped is because it pleases the press. These days the press has to have an apology from famous people so they can smugly judge them and point out how hideous they are. The people don't actually have to mean it. They just have to dance to the media's faux outrage over what a bad person they are. (

Good post disco.

'Faux outrage' from the media indeed. It is certainly in the interests of the media to magnify this minor incident out of all proportion to its real importance. But it is only able to do so because of the malign and pervasive influence of political correctness, which has seeped so deeply into public discourse.

Slow news day.

The people concerned may have been offended, but who else actually cares?

I wonder whether anybody else was insulted by ********ist (insert whatever you like) remarks recently?

Personally, I think it is about time that the posturing pillocks from planet pc found some new 'ists' to be offended by. The current ones have become so boring though constant repetition.