'Sexist' Sky commentators dropped.

I must say that I think this is an over-reaction. Their offence was to engage in some off-air banter about women not being able to understand the offside rule (a comment made many times before and probably true in most cases. It is probably also true of most men as well). I hardly think that they deserve to be dropped, even for one match, because of this. I doubt if they will drop Andy Gray for good though - he is too sharp and authoritative a commentator, and these are too few and far between.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23916588-sexist-sky-presenters-dropped.do

Edited by LordChaverly

If they had been racist remarks then they would have been sacked, so why not for sexist remarks? Describing it as 'off air banter' doesn't make the comments any less sexist.

I believe Karren Brady went ballistic over it a bit OTT, she should know, working for so long with footballers - and married to one - that they can be silly

I listened to the conversation earlier.....and it did not sound like banter in a funny way. Keys sounded as though he meant every word.

I believe Karren Brady went ballistic over it a bit OTT, she should know, working for so long with footballers - and married to one - that they can be silly

But knowing that it happens doesn't make it right that it happens. I know that people are starving in Africa so does it make it OK that that's the case?

I must say that I think this is an over-reaction. Their offence was to engage in some off-air banter about women not being able to understand the offside rule (a comment made many times before and probably true in most cases. It is probably also true of most men as well). I hardly think that they deserve to be dropped, even for one match, because of this. I doubt if they will drop Andy Gray for good though - he is too sharp and authoritative a commentator, and these are too few and far between.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23916588-sexist-sky-presenters-dropped.do

It wasn't about 'women'. It was about a couple of officials, who've undergone the same training and passed the same tests as men.

But knowing that it happens doesn't make it right that it happens. I know that people are starving in Africa so does it make it OK that that's the case?

I never said it was right, just that she went over the top

I listened to the conversation earlier.....and it did not sound like banter in a funny way. Keys sounded as though he meant every word.

He certainly did :)

Haha Fantastic! It was said in private and was mirroring what every bloke in pubs across the country were saying to eachother as soon as her face popped up.

Women should not be involved in mens football. Stick to your own.

I never said it was right, just that she went over the top

If it was an OTT reaction that would suggest that there was some justification in their comments?

If it was an OTT reaction that would suggest that there was some justification in their comments?

Ha - bet you think they shouldn't have jobs and ought to be in the kitchen all day. How old are you?