Child Like Bollards near schools.

I think they're a great idea, I used to pass two sets of these every day in Nottingham a few years back. Even though you know they are just plastic the traffic calming effect is notable. They are a constant reminder of the potential for a type of accident you really wouldn't want to be involved in, an excellent form of passive traffic calming in my opinion.

they got a set outside portland school in worksop ive mistaken them a few times before and they are set just off a roundabout off a57 too blinder

Im a parent of children that attend Longley Primary where these are situated and I HATE THEM!!!!!! I dont drive myself but the issue I have with these are that the kids think they are great. Every day at end of school do you see kids playing on them. If they're not swinging or jumping on them they they are going up for a really good look and to play with them. I personally think they are REDICULOUS and unneccesary and encourage children to play near the road. I am already in the process of writing to the council to express my concerns. :rant:

I went to longley and dont feel they needed bollards there; It looks stupid but why would you write to the council about it?

i've tried googling it, without any joy, but didnt a barbers shop on london road have to remove its sign that looked like a little person standing by the side of the road a few years ago as it was startling drivers into braking suddenly?????

(im hoping that it was the case or i have gone mad.....)

I went to longley and dont feel they needed bollards there; It looks stupid but why would you write to the council about it?

Because according to the caretaker it was the councils idea not the schools.

Dont get me wrong, Im all for the calming effects and road narrowing which I think is a great idea but I think the stupid doll like things are dangerous!

Not seen these but sound like a very good idea... piccies anyone?

Creepy.

But, If a paedo takes one of those instead of a real one it`ll be worth whatever they cost.

Won't they get nicked? Or are they cemented to ground