Help with buses/Sheffield transport

Hi all,

Just a quick first post to ask for help regarding Sheffield Transport.

I am going to be moving back to Sheffield soon hopefully and was wondering if anyone could tell me off any information about area's with decent bus services as I will have to rely on them.It would be appreciated a lot as I have not decided where I am going to live yet.

I will have to use them to travel to and from work an just to get around the city generally. If anyone could help me I'd be really grateful if you could give me info on such matters as frequency, running hours etc.

Look Forward to hearing from you,

Tim

i also depend on bus services to get around, i am currently in stannington, the services up here are pretty frequent, both 82 and 83 cover stannington. these run bout every 10 min during the day and every 20 - 30 min after 6pm.

i used to live in oughtibridge, the 57 comes from the sheffield interchange straight along the main road into hillbro, oughtibridge then when it gets to deepcarr it goes around the tops, the 58 also comes straight from the interchange and into hillsbro, when it gets to hillsbro it goes up dykes hall rd over the top into oughtibridge and back on to the main road and straight into deepcarr and stocksbridge along the main rd these run bout every 1/2 hour after 6pm for each service and bout every 15 min b4 9am.

if you need any more info you could give travel line a call 01709 515151, they have all the bus times in sheffield and can tell you what services cover what areas. they can also tell you bout the super tram service which covers the main areas of sheffield

good luck

little jo

Thanks for the info little jo,

I tried getting info of the first south yorkshire website but It wouldn't tell me the frequency/times etc so I decided to try here.

My dad lives at Heeley Green and he's always cmplaining about the bus service so I was just really wondering where the best served area's were

Full bus timetables for all services and all operators are available at http://www.sypte.co.uk - this site features an online journey planner and can conjour up an all day summary chart.

The map of Overground branded routes on the First South Yorkshire website gives a good idea where the frequent services run.

i find the services to stannington pretty good,

there is a waiting list for the council properties and the houses for sale aren't all that cheap but depending on your budget there are some very nice ones

good luck

little jo

Guest Mr BusDriver
Originally posted by Andy C

The map of Overground branded routes on the First South Yorkshire website gives a good idea where the frequent services run. [/b]

See my post (Worst Bus Route In Sheffield ) before you move back.

P.s Dont foget to pray

Your probably best finding a house on the 52 bus route, as these seem to be the only ones that turn up!!! they are meant to be every 6 mins.

Originally posted by Mr BusDriver

See my post (Worst Bus Route In Sheffield ) before you move back.

P.s Dont foget to pray

And those of you who are praising Bus services in Stannington, see MY posts in the "worst bus route" thread....

I'm amazed anyone can praise the Stannington buses! They are atrocious!

Best place to live has to be where the numbers 52 and 41 go, they are the only buses I see that are extremely regular.

Whilst waiting for a Stannington bus from town the other night, I saw 6 41's go past!!!!

I was once stood waiting 30 minutes at the bottom of Snig Hill for an 83, yet at LEAST 3 82s pulled up, unfortunately I live further up Stannington than the Hall Park Head flats so the 82 is no good to me :(