Mark 'Mozaz' Wallis - 1/08/65 - 23/01/11

deeply shocked and saddened by this news. Mozaz had a good heart. Knew him through his enthusiastic attendance and support at gigs. would like to know as would many others -how mozaz would like us to pay respects.

x x x x

Funnily enough, on one of our regular photographic mooches some 6 - 8 months ago, we discussed just this. His close friends, we are hoping to be able to make the arrangements and should know more in a day or two once the 'legal' stuff/formalities have been sorted. As his closest friends, the ones who spent so much time with him, we really hope to be able to do this one last thing for him. I will be sure to post details here for those who wish to know and come and say a final goodbye.

He'll be missed, I knew him when he spent a lot of time in the place where i worked, a pain at times, but funny. Rest in peace mate

i came on here to post about this as i just found out too and here is a thread right at the top. i only actually 'worked' with him many many years ago when he put on an anti criminal justice bill gig that my band played at. total character with passion for his beliefs. not seen him in years and never really knew him anyway but always came across as someone that gave a **** about his beliefs and tried to make a difference. RIP fella.

Oh Dear. What a sad loss.

As many people have said, someone who cared.

I was not a close friend, but I was a friend from the time he and others squatted tho big church on Crookesmoor Road at the top of Northumberland Rd /Harcourt Rd. He did put himself on the line for what he believed in which seemed to be mainly social justice (to sum a very complex set of political views and values).

I lent him (the group) a book on squatting which was returned. I was delighted it was useful. He was at the old Earth Centre site trying to keep some of the social / environmental issues to the fore.

I'm very sorry about your recent experience, Dan, I hope you wont burden yourself, and thank you for helping him. He did seem more mellow of late.

Bless his memory.

and his kind and courageous heart.

He was at the old Earth Centre site trying to keep some of the social / environmental issues to the fore.

Ahh, that brings back memories - his photos from the time were quite bittersweet for me, as I got married at the Earth Centre in 2003.

I'm very sorry about your recent experience, Dan, I hope you wont burden yourself, and thank you for helping him. He did seem more mellow of late.

Thanks for your concern, I'm fine. I just wish Mozaz were around to read all of the tributes - he always liked being the centre of attention, and would love to know how many people he'd touched during his colourful life.

I just wish Mozaz were around to read all of the tributes - he always liked being the centre of attention, and would love to know how many people he'd touched during his colourful life.

Believe me Dan, he knew! We told him every message that was sent to him during his illness and who had been asking about him. We talked endlessly to him during the final days about how much he was loved by everyone, how much he'd annoyed people and what a mark he'd made on so many lives. I know he was listening and I am sure he was loving every minute of the attention he was getting!

mozaaz see you later you always were going to go unconventionally! a true pain in the ass but what would the anarchist movement been without such a pain?

You will be certainly missed but not forgotten, so don't worry mate you helped millions more than you made enemies off!

in solidarity always mr w!

what a massive shame and loss but life would never have been so rich so lets celebrate your amazing times and life

M

what a massive shame and loss but life would never have been so rich so lets celebrate your amazing times and life

M

Oh don't worry, we certainly will!! Plans are afoot including some rather unconventional goodbyes!!!

thank yo so much and I'm somewhat besides myself ,and in total shock

please post all details of fruneral etc here thanks once again

m

I'm still finding it hard to take in, so very sad. I have such memories from the 80s up to now. Our lives will be a duller place without him. He always had time for a chat and never failed to be there when there was any sort of protest or campaign. He was one of Sheffield's true characters, a man of the people, he will be missed by many. Please may his friends find comfort in their memories xxx

Heard the sad news just as I went to bed last night and was too shocked to comment. Seriously , where's the justice? Thatcher continues to hang on by a claw and Mozaz dies!

I first met Mozaz 20 (something?) years ago at a Poll Tax protest outside Sheffield Magistrates Court - he had decided to take a p**s against the court building, in full view of the Police on duty, and was then arguing the toss as to why it would be typically oppressive behaviour to arrest him! Absolutely priceless and classic Mozaz - provocative, witty and very entertaining.

I am sorry to say that lately, I had reached the point with him where I deliberately used to take the **** to pay him back for being a wind up merchant. They all feel like really cheap shots now; sorry mate.

It's too easy to say that Mozaz was a character or that he was unique (he was all of those things) - but he was definitely one of us, on our side and mad and compassionate in varying measure.

RIP Mozaz.