Sheffield council rehousing dilema

The largest house is 16 miles the otherside of town to where my gfs boy schools,the chances of someone swapping is slim,even if we did move to mine, her boy would have to uproot once more,to move back across the city????By which time our youngest could be settled in nursery school.

also,if council housing stock is so scarce,why not free up another home?and house another needy family

Your GF is going to have to uproot and move across the city,at least you'll be on the right side of town for visiting the temple

The largest house is 16 miles the otherside of town to where my gfs boy schools,the chances of someone swapping is slim,even if we did move to mine, her boy would have to uproot once more,to move back across the city????By which time our youngest could be settled in nursery school.

also,if council housing stock is so scarce,why not free up another home?and house another needy family

May I ask how many bedrooms there is in the house you want to swap for both of yours?

May I ask how many bedrooms there is in the house you want to swap for both of yours?

it has 3 beds and is at woodhouse

it has 3 beds and is at woodhouse

Did they give you information on the Smartmove scheme?

http://http://www.sheffieldhomes.org.uk/myHome/MovingHome/SmartMoveYourWayToANewHome.aspx

The only 3 bed I can see for this is a three bed on Trenton going to waiting time. If you gave up both priorities you would be given priority.

Try registering for smartmove and keep looking.

Good luck!

Did they give you information on the Smartmove scheme?

http://http://www.sheffieldhomes.org.uk/myHome/MovingHome/SmartMoveYourWayToANewHome.aspx

The only 3 bed I can see for this is a three bed on Trenton going to waiting time. If you gave up both priorities you would be given priority.

Try registering for smartmove and keep looking.

Good luck!

No wasnt aware of that scheme,many thanks,il try that,theres one or two things i could try,like a local councillor or a more senior housing manager.

Yes thats the house on trenton.

Cheers for that:)

Edited by staninoodle
spelling mistake

sheffield homes are sh8t they wont even entertain moving me im stuck in a 1 bed upperfloor flat with a child under 1 and a baby on the way

You and me both....well, except the 'another baby on the way' scenario...

We've had the council around here and even been told by them we're overcrowded.

sheffield homes are sh8t they wont even entertain moving me im stuck in a 1 bed upperfloor flat with a child under 1 and a baby on the way

Stop having children then! That way you won't be overcrowded and will be taking responsibility for your actions, instead of wanting someone else to sort it out for you.

Scenario for the OP:

You have a house, your partner has a house? You have a roof, your partner has a roof?

What if there's a single mum with a boy and a girl who becomes homeless, her family live in Woodhouse, and her kids attend school there. She's given priority by Sheffield Homes. She needs her family to provide support for her, and she feels the same about your partner with regards to uprooting her kids and making them change schools.

Would you be happy taking this property away from her?

Stop having children then! That way you won't be overcrowded and will be taking responsibility for your actions, instead of wanting someone else to sort it out for you.

thats unfair to say, but with what i may say will get me jumped on by the pc brigade here...so work it out

thats unfair to say, but with what i may say will get me jumped on by the pc brigade here...so work it out

What PC brigade? If someone is in a 1 bedroom flat, with a child already, how is it responsible parenting to bring another child in to the world without having a suitable place for them to live?

Why is it unfair?

What PC brigade? If someone is in a 1 bedroom flat, with a child already, how is it responsible parenting to bring another child in to the world without having a suitable place for them to live?

never said it was responsible i said it was unfair,, we live in a society that ables us all to have a good quality of life why not, others get it why cant they? equal for all,