Cafe in Botanical Gardens

aye, i know its shut, i needed the toilet desperately, but then had to jog carefully to the wetherspoons, it was horrible D:

Tell me about it, I was the same lol:)

Arrhh , really like this cafe too - real real shame it has gone.

I was at a liquidators auction the other day and they had the furniture from the cafe listed. The blue sofa went for a fiver!

Bargain!! ... how can you find out about these sales?

I have emailed the council as I believe they have something to do with it! It will be interesting to see if I get a response. Is there any way we could do an on line petition.? They need to know we CARE!!!

I seem to remember reading somewhere that it was closing in November because the council wouldn't renew the lease to the previous cafe owner, because he was unwilling to open it into the later hours. I can't be sure of this, but I think the owner was an ex-policeman and he wanted to keep it open during limited day hours only.

does anyone know who to contact regarding the lease? if nobody else has taken it on yet i would be more than interested

aye, i know its shut, i needed the toilet desperately, but then had to jog carefully to the wetherspoons, it was horrible D:

There are toilets in the botanical gardens! They are situated near the house at the eccy road entrance.

Thats intersting steviewander. I knew there was some wrangling over the lease. However I know that there were quite a few people willing to take it on including some catering "chains." Hope we get some answers soon.

There are toilets in the botanical gardens! They are situated near the house at the eccy road entrance.

no good now, i was desperate! there was nothing telling me this.

Did you not read post 11, my previous post, when I was there, the toilets at the cafe were locked and the other toilets were out of order, hence why I ended up going to the francis newton.