Cafe in Botanical Gardens

Does anyone know what has happened to the cafe in botanical gardens? we called the other week and again yesterday and it was closed. Hope it opens again soon

I hope it opens, because I have heard good things about it. Is this the one that used to be near the entrance of the Botanical Gardens?

yes thats the one, i used to call for a coffe n cake after a walk round the gardens

I went in november and they had a sign up saying they couldn't renew the lease. Its such a shame. i loved it there! there may be another cafe or restaurant opening up i guess in its place?

I asked in the gift shop and the lady said it had been taken over and they're planning to re-open spring/summer.

if its the one im thinking of it was run by the same bloke who owned the boardwalk on snig hill, which has also been closed down for the time being!

i am not surprised that it has shut down. the last time that i went there with my family. i found the staff to be extremely rude, and service slow.

I went in november and they had a sign up saying they couldn't renew the lease. Its such a shame. i loved it there! there may be another cafe or restaurant opening up i guess in its place?

I saw that too. I think they are due to open another shop but later on in the year.

I was at a liquidators auction the other day and they had the furniture from the cafe listed. The blue sofa went for a fiver!

This was a wonderful cafe. Friendly and comfortable with terrific food. I've heard all sorts of conflicting tales about when it will open, who will run it etc. The last thing I heard was that it was to be a woman who works for the council. The fact that this cafe has now gone is affecting the business in the lovely gift shop at the entrance to the gardens.

If anyone has any definite information about its future..please, please let us know. It is greatly missed!

This has been shut since november and it was only supposed to be shut for a couple of weeks till new people took it over. That came from the curator as I e mailed him after my visit in november to complain about the lack of toilet facilities as you can't get in to the toilets up there with the cafe being shut and the toilet block at the bottom end was out of order.

I hope it opens up soon as I used to enjoy having a coffee in there after a walk round the gardens.

aye, i know its shut, i needed the toilet desperately, but then had to jog carefully to the wetherspoons, it was horrible D: