I cant sleep! Help..

When did you stop taking the meds? I know of at least one anti depressant that causes havoc with sleep, especially if your dosage went from normal to double to none. You should always come off things like that slowly. I'm pretty sure sleep deprivation is a side effect of most anti depressants, and I don't just mean during taking them.

Valium give you a hangover, Zopiclone gives me a great nights sleep with none of the morning drowsyness or irritability I get from anything else.

what srength zopiclone do you take? some people are lucky and they don't get the hangover effect however some people can suffer from it. That is why we advise people to half the dose if it makes them too drowsy in the morning.

Hello!

I might be able to help. I run a company called We Love Sleep that helps people with Sleep Problems. I spend lots of my time talking to people with sleep problems and I am able to offer advice, tips and products that can help with sleep problems. I can also point you in the direction of other health professional who can help (we work with hypnotherapists, nutritionists and chiropractors) and my clients find us a helpful resource in overcoming their sleep problems. If you have any questions please get in touch!

try counting sheep love, works for me :) only joking

When did you stop taking the meds? I know of at least one anti depressant that causes havoc with sleep, especially if your dosage went from normal to double to none. You should always come off things like that slowly. I'm pretty sure sleep deprivation is a side effect of most anti depressants, and I don't just mean during taking them.

At a rough guess, August/Sept last year. I was on... fluoxetine 20mg 1/daily, then it went to 2/daily and then non. It wasnt slow coming off them, one day I was taking them, the next I wasnt.

try counting sheep love, works for me :) only joking

:hihi:

Have you had a full blood count done recently? Anaemia can have these effects on some people

Hi Gina

You might find that some simple relaxation techniques can help you here. I am a qualified hypnotherapist, so I do a lot of work helping people relax. If you would like to contact me through my site, I can send you a short sound file to relax you before sleep, plus some tips on how to help yourself clear your mind when you want to sleep. These are both free (I give them to a lot of my clients whatever I am treating them for as so many people have difficulty sleeping)

Best wishes

Ann

http://www.wellthought.co.uk