Simples Question

I didn't say that a photographer would need to take permission. I said I would be annoyed if he/she didn't. I personally think it's only right for someone to ask first. Common decency and all that.

Having said that I do appreciate that there are situations where that is impossible such as when taking pictures in busy areas.

Sorry, but I think it's more you that was doing the hassling. I wouldn't be silly and accuse a photographer of being a pervert or terrorist, but I would be very annoyed if anyone took my picture without my permission.

And you are the sort of ignorant idiot who causes non problems to be an big issue. I wasn't photographing anyone and in one case I was the subject.

Try reading posts more carefully before making such dumb comments.

I havent have had students jumping in front when im trying to catch a picture of the town hall and sat down on the grass in a huff as people KNEW i wanted to take a picture of whitby abbey but stood there lookin at me smirking-after 30mins got the pic though!

Public place pictures are yours but be polite if someone asks you to delet an image of them you have no matter how good it is, private place like a museum or MH ask permission, I did for western Park musuem and got refused was disappointed but is it worth having your camera confiscated? er no!

But I do agree with previous posts gotta be sooo careful when it comes to children, make sure I had a full release when I did a previous wedding, I didnt with my friends daughter as her nan knew I wouldnt publish them and my friend knows I wont either shame too much news scares people today even school photos are banned so I hear!

But I do agree with previous posts gotta be sooo careful when it comes to children, make sure I had a full release when I did a previous wedding, I didnt with my friends daughter as her nan knew I wouldnt publish them and my friend knows I wont either shame too much news scares people today even school photos are banned so I hear!
What paranoid nonsense. Why on earth do you have to be careful when photographing children at say a wedding?

People tend to worry about things that do not matter and not about the things that actually do. People are scared of strangers yet the people you know or are related to are the ones most likely to kill you. Death by complete strangers is quite rare.

Same goes for child abuse. Family and friends are a much higher risk. But the rabid tabloid press don't ever bother with letting mundane things like facts get in the way of a good story, even worse people believe the nonsense in these rags.

One Saturday afternoon 1973or 4.Princess Margaret sent her equerry (guy in RAF uniform with sash and tassles like a christmas tree) and said HRH says tell that bloody photographer not to take photos of me smoking!

Officers mess RAF St Mawgan.

Suits me missis I would rather be boozing on a saturday afternoon than doing this with a full guard of honour just because you are going by helicopter on holiday to the Scilly Isles.

Edited by matsalleh

And you are the sort of ignorant idiot who causes non problems to be an big issue. I wasn't photographing anyone and in one case I was the subject.

Try reading posts more carefully before making such dumb comments.

I'm not an idiot, or ignorant but yes, if I was in the right frame of mind then I would give someone 'what for' for taking pictures of me without permission. End of. That's my take on the issue, and I am sure that others (not all) will agree.

I wasn't photographing anyone and in one case I was the subject. Try reading posts more carefully before making such dumb comments.

Not what you said earlier.............

I was photographing my nieces at a playground and was told off as there were kids there.

I have already said that I don't agree with the extreme reactions of those who made suggestions of photographers being perverts or terrorists. I am simply stating that I would be annoyed if someone took my picture without my permission. That's a fact, and whether you can legally take a picture of me or not, I have the right to feel that way, whether you like it or not.

Calling me an idiot for stating how I would feel is totally uncalled for, but it's good to see you put a decent argument forward.

Calling me an idiot for stating how I would feel is totally uncalled for, but it's good to see you put a decent argument forward.
I called you an idiot as you didn't read my post properly and had a go at me as a result of your misreading. I was hassling no-one.

Photographing my nieces is not photographing strangers even if they are in vicinity - why would I want some gormless strangers cluttering up family photos? And just like photographing a city skyline is not photographing people and myself being photographed is also me not photographing people.

And if you want to have a go at people for behaving within the law whilst taking photographs in public, you may end getting more than your picture taken if you pick on someone even more aggressive than yourself. Personally I'd simply tell you to get lost.

So, the end result is I would have a go and you would tell me to get lost.

Shall we just leave it and that and hope a camera never comes between us?

So, the end result is I would have a go and you would tell me to get lost.

Yes because you would be the one in the wrong.