His head is slightly to big !!

This is what the midwife keeps telling my sons girlfriend about my grandson, he is now 4 months old and absolutely beautiful and she tells her if she as any worries have a word with the doctor. She didnt untill the midwife pointed it out,:loopy: Why do they do this to new mums, dont they have enough to worry about :loopy:

My grandson (what do you think )?? :)

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/GOLDENBABE1966/ABCD0003-2.jpg

Edited by goldenbabe1966

I agree they do point out things that make people worry, but a midwife wouldnt say it for no reason, A friend of mines little boy had fluid on his brain which was only detected due to the head circumference being checked by the midwife.

My midwife and health visitor told me my daughter wasnt gaining weight quick enough, (she is my 4th) and i was furious but looking back at pictures of her as a baby i can see why she was so thin and looked poorly, but every mother knows her child better than any proffesional.

So just tell your sons girlfriend if she feels something is wrong to go with her gut instinct every mum has it, new mums or old mums

Your post brings back memories.

When my son was a baby, the midwife would say the same. After panicking, like all new mums do, I soon realised that his head would grow "too big" just before he had a growth spurt.

Next time he's given a check up, I bet he'll have grown & his head will be back to "normal" :D ...until his next growth spurt :help:

My son is now a healthy strapping nine year old with a normal size head :hihi:

P.S. Every time it happened I would explain the big head/growth spurt to the midwife - I should have saved my breath - she never listened!

Awwwww he's lovely!

He's the spitting image of my son, really brings back memories :hihi:

Edited by goldenbabe1966

My granddaughter when little had trouble getting jumper etc over her head. She is now 15, and in the top groups in all aspects of school work. Just means he will be clever when he grown up.

My sons head was slightly larger as well. This was due to him having fluid on one side of his brain that he shouldnt of had and his soft spot was bigger than normal. When I mentioned it my midwife told me not to worry but my child had to go back to jessops for his heart (born with a mumor) so while there i mentioned it to this fsantastic doctor who looked and agreed. He told Health visitors to monitor my babys head circumference and if it was growing too quickly to refer him back. Which they did. Hes since had scans etc and his brain and is still under that doctor.I dont think theres nothing majorly concerning now but the fact this doctor did all this was for my child. I understand it might be worrying but its always better to be safe than sorry!

It's hard to know what to do. I was going to say, ignore it. When my 1st was having her check with the health visitor before her 6 week check at the doctors. The health visitor measured my daughter's head and then said that it's a bit big and the doctor might say something. The doctor said nothing at all. On another occasion, the health visitor had me all in a spin about my daughters knees, saying she would need an operation. My GP thought it was nothing to worry about but on the return visit to him, he sent me to the hospital just to follow it up. At the hospital they told me they were normal. So both times they had me worrying about nothing.

But after reading about other peoples experiences, it seems it could be a problem. Best thing is for them to go to the doctors and talk to them about it. They can monitor and tell them if it is something to worry about.

You should see the size of MY head when I was a little baby!!!!!

I think I have just grown into it now! :hihi:

I think your grandson is gorgeous xxx

Joking aside, she should just check with doc, I am sure its all for nothing xxx

I also forgot to mention that after being under this great doctor at Jessops. One day he decided to measure all of our heads, my babies, my oldest sons, my partners and mine. (how embarrassing!) to then be told that my little one "MAY" be following after me at having a big head :hehe:

Our midwife told my OH that she ought to have as natural a birth as possible and banged on about how wonderfull natural childbirth was.After my wife had mentioned that she quite liked the idea of having pain relief (this was our third and last child) as the other two came out that quick there was no time for any of that.

We saw her some years later and she'd chosen, not on medical grounds, to have a C section, go figure.They are human and get things just as wrong as the rest of us.

Seek a second opinion but don't worry we're all born differently :)

Try not too worry - take your little one to see Gp or discuss with your health visitor.

best of luck x