Does anyone remember anything about Attercliffe Baths?

I worked in an office in the old baths upto about 5 years ago. It is weird in there I used to go in as a kiddy swimming. Happy times. :)

Our school (st Charles) used to go for swimming lessons in the 60's. As kids we would go on a saturday also. Just through the doorway in, to the left was the footbath. Sometimes it would be filled with really hot water. We would spend ages sat in it until we got outed. Sure I remember at one time the deep end had small diving platforms, think they got removed when I was about 6 or 7 so didn't get to use them. They stopped all diving in, or at least tried to.

Once got a free term pass from school, along with Susan Kelly. Some happy childhood memories of the place.

I learned to swim at attercliffe baths. We went with school. After that we started going to Sutherland Road baths. Shame theyve gone now.

I learned to swim at attercliffe baths. We went with school. After that we started going to Sutherland Road baths. Shame theyve gone now.

---------------

Hi Roveress, I went to Sutherland Rd swim aswell and with owler

lane School, Would you remember Glady's Taffender she worked mostly

upstair in the slipper Baths.

---------------

Hi Roveress, I went to Sutherland Rd swim aswell and with owler

lane School, Would you remember Glady's Taffender she worked mostly

upstair in the slipper Baths.

all I know water was wet

My gran worked at the baths in the 1960's. I learnt to swim there, my gran paid for private lessons for me. Sometimes if I was there early enough I'd have the pool all to myself. I remember walking down to the baths from Woodbourn Road school for swimming lessons. One teacher used to walk a "crocodile" of pupils down there all on his own. Happy days.

glad all the memory's are coming out good and bad. l was forced to swim there. then later married the caretaker of the baths changed my jobs to work there thinking that it was a dream job mind you it was in the late 70's. the life of ATTERCLIFFE was swinging with life in all area's the steel works the gipsy's camps all the back to back housing, all the gone now. cockroach's used to go from the grayhound pub to the baths for the warmth god the thought of them things still cant walk about in the dark now

They were very close, almost opposite a fruit and veg stall, close to the upstairs roller skating rink. The old joke about Attercliffe baths was that the heating was supplied by a man going around with a kettle!

Hi Jamestee, I also went to Att.Baths but got a veruca so was stopped,disease prevention!! By the time it had healed swimming lessons were no longer provided by Newhall Junior School.I recall slipper baths but I lived in one of only 8 houses in the whole of Attercliffe that had indoor bathroom and toilet - LUXURY. (On Don Rd.)

Any one remember buying 'penny loaves' from a shop on Attercliffe Common just to the right of Newhall Rd.top as you look from the baths?

My fear of swimming lasted till I was 29 but I did learn then. Still petrified of water though!

The thing I remember about baths at atter clife is that a snake belt buckle could turn on the hot water which hadno tap on

I learned Swim at Attercliffe Baths Jane Attkins and her sister Susan Attercliffe what ever happen to the Attkins family used to lives next door to Attercliffe Libs Club a lovely family miss them all would be nice to see them again its been almost 30 years since I have seen them Daivd Attkins, Jimmy Attkins,Terry Attkins, Tony Attkins they used play Dominoe's on a Sunday afternoon in the Attercliffe libs with my dad Brian also wa s a caretaker Attercliffe Vestry Hall where they had Dog training, christmas parties loved the parties there

hiya i used to go in rads.as a kid then go on the day trips wiv em to cleethorpes. wiv my brothers. pop nd crisp nd ten bob spending money.usrd to look forward to them day trips.only time we got away.i used to work with jimmy adkinsnd his brother. saw him at skeggy earlier this year.i also used to hang around with his sister jane.at emmanuel youth club.think little club is still open.?

I learned Swim at Attercliffe Baths Jane Attkins and her sister Susan Attercliffe what ever happen to the Attkins family used to lives next door to Attercliffe Libs Club a lovely family miss them all would be nice to see them again its been almost 30 years since I have seen them Daivd Attkins, Jimmy Attkins,Terry Attkins, Tony Attkins they used play Dominoe's on a Sunday afternoon in the Attercliffe libs with my dad Brian also wa s a caretaker Attercliffe Vestry Hall where they had Dog training, christmas parties loved the parties there

WE WENT THERE WITH SCHOOL MR METTEM IF THE MEMORY SERVES ME WELL? GRIMESTHORPE JUNIORS:huh: