Big fat gypsy weddings

i loved it!

what an interesting and cultured community,

it was great to see how they wasted taxpayers and stolen money on lavish celebrations then returned to there metal boxes on wheels,

the tradition of pre-rape "grabbing" was interesting too, the only thing missing seemed to be the neanderthal club and wedding sack,

"so i go grab a girl, i hit her a few time till she give me a kiss" how romantic!

i also liked how all the women dressed as prostitutes! they looked so stylish and elegant,

they even dressed their kids as them, how cool!

cant wait to see the next episode to find out how these gentle intelligent characters leech and steal their way through our society!

:suspect: What?!

Taxpayers money? Really? Everybody on the programme (the men) had jobs! You cant slate them for living in caravans, and if you actually watched the programme properly you'd soon realise that quite a few travellers actually live in houses.

The grabbing thing is just their culture. The girls have their heads screwed on, if they dont want it, they push it away. Just because our culture is different it dont mean you can judge theirs (negative judging).

They might dress 'like prostitutes' but theyve got more dignity than half of the young girls in our culture. They dont go out getting drunk having one night stands do they? Thats self-respect, dignity. And I dont think anybody in the world, can knock them for that. They dont do much before marriage - and thats instilling traditional views on their culture and way of living.

I enjoy this programme. It certainly opened my eyes to their ways.

haha does anybody fancy going grabbing with me? What a crazy show!!

:suspect: What?!

Taxpayers money? Really? Everybody on the programme (the men) had jobs! You cant slate them for living in caravans, and if you actually watched the programme properly you'd soon realise that quite a few travellers actually live in houses.

The grabbing thing is just their culture. The girls have their heads screwed on, if they dont want it, they push it away. Just because our culture is different it dont mean you can judge theirs (negative judging).

They might dress 'like prostitutes' but theyve got more dignity than half of the young girls in our culture. They dont go out getting drunk having one night stands do they? Thats self-respect, dignity. And I dont think anybody in the world, can knock them for that. They dont do much before marriage - and thats instilling traditional views on their culture and way of living.

I enjoy this programme. It certainly opened my eyes to their ways.

i was just being ironical, i enjoyed watching it.

I've recorded it and not watched it yet but I watched the one that was on tv last year and some of thoses dresses were minging. Some were nice though? i just couldn't believe the weight of the dresses and the scars they left!

I thought it was really interesting - I thought us non gypsies could probably learn a thing or two through their morals. Not drinking til their married (that said, they get married before they are even old enough to drink so that makes sense), not sleeping with anyone until they're married, staying as a close knit family (and community). I definately learnt something!

I've recorded it and not watched it yet but I watched the one that was on tv last year and some of thoses dresses were minging. Some were nice though? i just couldn't believe the weight of the dresses and the scars they left!

The more scars = the better the dress apparently!

I have to disagree. One can judge their culture without being prejudiced against them, and that aspect I found appaling. A girl can be dragged away to a quiet corner and have her arm twisted, literally, until she either gives in or fights him off. You can't find that decent, surely?

It was even a factor when they were talking about the husbands that they would like. "I want someone who doesn't hit me," they said. That'll be a bonus when their courtship is so brutal.

All in all I found their culture fascinating. They use lavish displays of wealth because they are outsiders, I guess. They don't want to be looked down on so they show with brute force that they are "worth" something. The little girl going to her first Holy Communion in a dress weighing twice her own body-weight is odd to our mainstream culture. A little girl can be a Princess without pulling such a burden across a church.

As an aside, Swanlee was a big old lad. If he says it's Tuesday then it's Tuesday. :)

Absolutely astounding TV. Where to start criticising their culture or behaviour?

Kids leaving school at 11 so they can become full time cooks and cleaners.

Little kids wearing outrageous outfits that weighed so much they couldn't walk.

The sickening caveman-like "grab" to secure a 15 year old girl for their wife.

I loved the look of disgust on the man's face when he saw a caravan hadn't been cleaned because the women had gone off on their hen do holiday.

I felt sorry for the little girl in the big dress when she was going to her Holy Communion because the other girls were laughing at her.

Watching that it made me wonder whats the point of working, paying tax and getting nowhere in life.

The sheer amount of new vans and cars these people have , not to mention the vastly expensive caravans .

The benifits of not contribiuing to society were plain to see.