Roxburghe debt collectors

i am wondering if any of you can help - here goes

i parked the car in a free to park car park and had my sons blue badge on show anyway.

I came back to a 'ticket' from 'total parking solutions ltd' on the car.I completely ignored it (seems like it is now my mistake) as i thought it was a scam.

I have had a couple of letters advising me to pay etc and again i have ignored them. this morning however i received letter from the above debt collectors with a massively inflated fee and notice that if i dont pay them within the next 14 days i am going to be refered to a solicitors for potential legal action.

Do i now panic (as i am doing) and pay the bill - or is it a scam?

Ignore them.

If they take you to court which is exceedingly unlikley simply point out that you were parked on a disabeld blue badge anyway.

Roxburghe are a legal revenue protection company, i had to deal with them over an AOL bill many years ago, best thing to do is consult a lawyer, as you get 30 mins free and they will tell you exactly what to do. And the fact you had a blue badge showing means that you shouldnt have to pay because they was in error

And the fact you had a blue badge showing means that you shouldnt have to pay because they was in error

Wouldn't that depend what the ticket was issued for? Taking up more than one bay for example...?

Wouldn't that depend what the ticket was issued for? Taking up more than one bay for example...?

its possible, sadly i dont have all the info, only the OP does. Im just working under the assumption that the OP wasnt taking up two spaces, the badge was visable ect ect....would be good if the OP could give some more info mabye ?

its possible, sadly i dont have all the info, only the OP does. Im just working under the assumption that the OP wasnt taking up two spaces, the badge was visable ect ect....would be good if the OP could give some more info mabye ?

Yep,seems silly that if it was a free car park that they should get a ticket for non payment

Yep,seems silly that if it was a free car park that they should get a ticket for non payment

Very True indeed, personally if it was me i would consult a lawyer, but i can also say that Roxburghe are a legit firm, might be an idea to call them and thrash it out over the phone and see what they say

i wasnt parked over 2 bays - i was parked in a normal space (didnt need the extra space that day for the wheelchair as there was plenty of parking avaliable so thought rather than take a disabled bay when someone might need the extra wheelchair room)

i was just parked in the car park - not causing obstruction, blocking anything, double parked or any other reason i could see that caused the ticket.

i wasnt parked over 2 bays - i was parked in a normal space (didnt need the extra space that day for the wheelchair as there was plenty of parking avaliable so thought rather than take a disabled bay when someone might need the extra wheelchair room)

i was just parked in the car park - not causing obstruction, blocking anything, double parked or any other reason i could see that caused the ticket.

Didn't it say on your "ticket" what they were charging you for?

i cant remember and i have lost the ticket

Very True indeed, personally if it was me i would consult a lawyer, but i can also say that Roxburghe are a legit firm, might be an idea to call them and thrash it out over the phone and see what they say
There's no such thing as a legit debt collections company.

Just ignore them nothing will happen. Just have a look on pepipoo.