Sex slave raped and beaten but saved in Sheffield

I have lived in this country all my life, so far, and have worked since I was 16 so have paid taxes also. As in this country we generally don't get a say where our taxes go I don't see the issue that alot of people have with immigrants coming into the country. I think whenever there is any news item regarding someone "foreign" it just brings the racists out in the open. I personally don't have an issue with anyone coming here whether they work or claim benefits, it doesn't affect me, my family or my lifestyle and i would love to hear from people who actually are affected by immigrants living in the same country as them. As for this Romanian woman, it sounds like she has been through an awful experience and I hope she manages to enjoy the rest of her life whether it be in Sheffield or Romania.

This poor woman has been through hell recently and I'm genuinely glad she has been saved from any further suffering.

However I have to agree with the first comment by Graybags (which has now been removed!) in which they said that we should now be helping her to return to her own country.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Sex-slave-raped-and-beaten.6696444.jp

great! another scounger to keep, send her back asap.

great! another scounger to keep, send her back asap.

You're a bit like Genghis khan, aren't you, but without the milk of human kindness, really...

I think trying to reason with a xenophobe is like booing at the special Olympics. It's just inbred and you can't change it regardless of how many logical arguments you can bring to the table. Luckily they are outvoted although I sometimes feel this forum has been hacked by the BNP.

The tragedy is that this attitude is costing us money. There was an article recently about how the cap on immigration would deprive us from valuable foreign talent.

Here it is:

http://ipezone.blogspot.com/2010/10/uk-migration-favours-footballers-over.html

So why does she need to stay here?

She doesn't need to but she should if she wants to. As much as you could move and live in Spain if you wanted to.

Who will pay for her safehouse?

Hopefully you, through charity donations. If you had a heart.

Who will staff it?

Social workers and people with similar experiences. Volunteers.

Who will pay for the staff?

I've just answered that.

Answers in-line.

:huh:Another one, poor thing, I bet we see more and more of these poor ladies, who come over here to live happily, and they end up being sex slaves.

I wish that whats is happening, is broadcast all over to these poor woman, and then they may learn that this is not the way to true happiness, and they will only be used in this way, should they chose to come over here illegally.

My god,I can't believe some of the things i have read on this subject

She was brought here because there is a market here and now its ah well

lets just kick her out,What sort of people are some of you

If it did happen then I do feel sorry for her

BUT....

She only claimed to be a victim after she was convicted of controlling prostitution and trafficking

Did the police not see any of the bruising from all the constant beatings when she was arrested :huh:

It does take more than the word of one person before you get a conviction of offences that serious.

The Authorities in Sheffield should be ashamed of themselves for letting this go undetected for so long? They know the blokes who use these facilities but put the key theme on treating these lasses as the victims? If there was'nt a market for sex with teens etc. Wipe the blokes who use them out of the equation with hefty fines and public shame? Load of bolls the usual excuse of my wife dont understand, yeah well use your frikin hand! Maybe cheaper than a hundred quid fine?

You mean the poor woman who was convicted of trafficking and controlling prostitution before turning evidence against her partners ?

If this is correct it puts the woman in a completely different category to a victim.

So who are these blokes who use this service?????? Smelly breathed rancid creatures who are often obese and not got a preyer of getting a girlfriend via normal interaction? Old infirm married ones who's wife never understands but sure as hell will if she ever found out? Or the illegal immigrant who's norm in own country is to beat and rape women? All nasty all vile all disgusting! They prey on vunerable young women with drug habits. Just my opinion.

If this is correct it puts the woman in a completely different category to a victim.

It's all there in the link, but some people don't seem to want to read past the headlines

she was never thought to be and she never claimed to be until she was convicted, then all of a sudden she reels out the sob story saying she couldn't speak any English :roll: do the police and lawyers not have interpreters ?