Border Terrier - Lost in Graves Park*found*

Yesterday afternoon (19th Jan 2011) an old deaf Border Terrier went missing in Graves Park. The dog belongs to a friend who is currently out searching for the dog, hence my post on their behalf.

The dog is not wearing a collar. If you have any useful information, please call the owner number deleted or me. Contact details below.

Thank you.

Edited by 49er_Jerry

Yesterday afternoon (19th Jan 2011) an old deaf Border Terrier went missing in Graves Park. The dog belongs to a friend who is currently out searching for the dog, hence my post on their behalf.

The dog is not wearing a collar. If you have any useful information, please call the owner 07980 052710 or me. Contact details below.

Thank you.

Going on advice given for other recent lost dogs, the advice seems to be is poster the area like mad, the more people that know about it the better. Has the dog been put on "Doglost" ? Have you had any sightings of him ? I hope he is found soon.

Inform the Dog Warden asap in case the dog has been picked up already or may be in the next few days.

Get the dog's details on doglost and get the link posted everywhere you can think of (here, Facebook, other forums you use etc).

Get posters made up and posted in as many places local to the area the dog went missing.

I hope he's found quickly. I have a deaf blind JRT here on foster who she was found as a stray, possibly lost because she couldn't hear anyone out searching for her. Good luck. XX

Great news. The dog has been found.

Found last night and cared for. Taken to a vet today. Now reunited with it's owner.

Doing the happy dance! :D I'm so pleased. My heart always lurches when it's an old or 'disabled' dog as they're the ones who struggle most with surviving the hardship on the streets. My little JRT girl Florry was in a bad way when finally found and it took months to bring her to full health. I know if she ever got offlead she'll just keep walking in a straight line and could end up miles from where she'd been lost.

Please pass on my congrats to your friend, and a special snuggle for a senior gent who I bet is a real delight. XX

I am the daughter of the owner of the dog who was lost whilst my parents were away... the dog was being "looked after" by my parents friends. We are soooooooooo thrilled that she has been found and very touched by the kindness of strangers - thank you all :) xxx

And as the dog's owner I can only echo my daughter's words!

What a brilliant bunch of people in the Graves Park area who were so helpful and sympathetic earlier today. Extra special thanks to Mr & Mrs Nicols who found our dog, and took it to Park Vets for its microchip to be scanned. Then to Pam at Peak Vets in Woodseats who was soooo helpful and to Sarah the dog warden who happened to be at Peak Vets when I called in and had received the report of our missing dog!

Sincere thanks to everybody who has helped to find Trixie!

such a crazy occurence !!! right place right time .......always happy to help x

Hi Sazzlebrin

I have PM-ed you with the full story of how Trixie was lost and found -

Thanks again - it certainly was crazy!