Weaning - Help!

I would say we did baby led weaning mostly with a few jars thrown in for convienience :blush:

same here just avoided most processed foods (except pizza!)

BLWeaning was fantastic for us, i'm an older mum and thought it was a load of rubbish when i read up on it! how wrong i was :)

What is baby led weaning?

My little ones love rice cakes for snacks. Can put Cheese spread and salad on them

What about mash veg and gravy? My little one is 7 months old and he loves it. Toast for them to suck on. Carrot and cucumber sticks? veg soup?

Our daughter is 9 months old and I tend to batch cook meals and then freeze in small containers. One of her favourite meals is meat, veg and gravy (including sprouts lol) and she loves it. My main problem is that I know I need to stop making her meals so smooth and make it more chunky but I am so scared of her choking. Tried her on spag bol last week with baby pasta and didn't smooth at all and I honestly thought she was choking on two occasions so ended up blended it a little (I was so annoyed with myself!). Has anyone any advice please? Sxx

Ignore everything anyone has ever told you think about what you would eat (not pizza, kebab, salt on toast) but a normal meal and let your little one eat what you having with you.

I had a problem with my son weaning he was not interested so he was very late but I just used to give him what we had or his sister.

When a child has a mind of their own try telling them smiley faces are no good sometimes your happy to get anything down them.

I tried cheese spread sandwiches, boiled egg, toast, cheese on toast etc his favourite meal is Pasta, source and frozen veg.

You can beat yourself up cooking special food for your baby and drive yourself mad which is why I just give him what we have. If you think how much they will actually get it isn't that much so the salt content isn't OTT.

Our daughter has always just had what we've had - I just didn't add any salt to anything we cooked and added it at table if we wanted. The salt thing is that too much salt can damage babies' kidneys. A lot of salt is found in processed foods like tinned soups, ready meals etc. If you're cooking them fresh stuff and not adding salt then they'll be fine. :)

Our daughter has always just had what we've had - I just didn't add any salt to anything we cooked and added it at table if we wanted. The salt thing is that too much salt can damage babies' kidneys. A lot of salt is found in processed foods like tinned soups, ready meals etc. If you're cooking them fresh stuff and not adding salt then they'll be fine. :)

Loads of salt in packet / jar type gravy too.

V true. And most stock cubes. We switched to the Kallo low salt veg ones. Cheaper than the ones they do in Boots.