Negative impressions of stays in Sheffield Hospitals?

with reference to the gynae stories. ( from the father of two boys born at 21 weeks, who is also an RN )

a foetus is not a 'baby' in the eyes of the law until 24 weeks ( leave aside the issues over the late 22 and 23 weekers who do survive thanks to modern neonatal care ),

although from 12 weeks onwards it may be identifable as a human ...

miscarriages in the first trimester are of 'the products of conception' vs a miscarriage or still birth at 20 weeks or beyond of a identifiable 'baby' and placenta

miscarriage is not a pleasant thing , but I for one find it a little insulting that people wish to compare an early miscarriage with with what myself and mrs zippy went through or what one of my colleagues went through ( a still birth at 32 weeks)

we've not even touched on the clinically ( and legally) correction use of the term (spontaneous) abortion in relation relation to miscarriage ...

i never compared my loss to a loss such as yours and never would, but the loss for me was still a loss.

what i am saying is that the doctor who dealt with me was terrible and should have not tried to tell me it was a bunch of cells when i was clued up enough to know that it wasnt and that they would just burn it, there was no bedside manner. plus in the eyes of the law no it was not a "baby" but it was to me, and i loved the it wholeheartedly.

im sorry for your loss

Edited by kate1984

my auntie has just caught gangreen in her leg at the hospital

You cannot 'catch' gangrene, the primary cause of gangrene is serious interruption or obstruction of the blood flow to an area of tissue leading to the death of that tissue ... the bacteria that subsequently colonise gangrenous areas are natural body flora and/or bacteria that are ubiquitous in nature ...

had 2 over night stays in the hallamshire due to hernia ops and can't fault them at all

I was in the NGH for a minor hand op, me and an old fella were at the end of the ward in a sort of a sun room on the Vickers corridor i believe. The rest of the patients were elderly ladies through a double door, but only one toilet. I used to get up in the morning and not wanting to share the same toilet used to walk outside and go to the one in casualty, this after going in the ward bog and seeing this old dear in her wheel chair. Plus after the operation i started bleeding quite heavily from my hand, dripping onto the floor, i told the nurse who just mopped it up with the operation gown i had been wearing and toddled off, it was still there an hour later when i decided to sign my self out, the skirting and floor were filthy anyway, and i didnt feel comfortable being there sharing a ward.

I was in the NGH for a minor hand op, me and an old fella were at the end of the ward in a sort of a sun room on the Vickers corridor i believe. The rest of the patients were elderly ladies through a double door, but only one toilet. I used to get up in the morning and not wanting to share the same toilet used to walk outside and go to the one in casualty, this after going in the ward bog and seeing this old dear in her wheel chair. Plus after the operation i started bleeding quite heavily from my hand, dripping onto the floor, i told the nurse who just mopped it up with the operation gown i had been wearing and toddled off, it was still there an hour later when i decided to sign my self out, the skirting and floor were filthy anyway, and i didnt feel comfortable being there sharing a ward.

which is why Nightingale wards are on the way out in the NHS, not forgetting that the likes of the Vickers corridor are Victorian buildings ...