Doggy Day Out 23 July 2011 - help/input please.

Tigger - again with the advice - thank you. Will look into having "doggy" craft type stalls and maybe a pet artist/cartoon type thing too. Will have our own stall out I hope (if I get enough help to be able to do everything). Looking more and more positive this is.

Eyup again !!! :hihi:

not thought of 'owt' new BUT i am voul... voll.... volen... (sod it) letting you know i would be more than happy to give you a helping hand to sort somethings out!! Giz a PM if i can help!!! :hihi:

Sounds fantastic Twibstix - I bet lots of people would be interested in attending. If you select a few rescues or charities where the money is to go to early enough - then just split it up evenly at the end - this should bring in a few to be involved.

Where ever the money goes to - its fantastic as long as its spent helping dogs in need if thats what you are after.

Once things are arranged - then get leafleting and broadcasting - i bet it will catch on.

Do you have somebody to do the dog show? I know a judge/rescue fosterer who may be able to help out if you want me to ask

Delinquent Dogz Doggy Day Out will be happening on 23rd July 2011 at Honeysuckle Cottage - There will be pay on the day agility and an agility demo. Pay on the day flyball and a flyball demo. A companion dog show and scurries to have a go at.

Local charity suggestions to invite now please people.

And if anyone would like to offer their help with running the

Scurries

Companion Dog Show

Kitchen

Parking

That would be completely and totally and utterly appreciated.

We are going to run the agility ourselves and the flyball club that use our land to train on is responsible for that - other than that - we are me, mum, Becky, Leanne, Maxine and Jackie to run the whole shebang.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a suggestion, but how about making it £2 a go with not less than £1 shared between all the charities who attend on the day?

Also if you think you can get reasonable numbers, I bet you could sell a pitch to a burger van or similar, an ice-cream van, tea, coffe soft drinks seller etc Also how about selling pitches to local pet shops, pet food supplies, country clothing shops etc etc

My job is helping small/medium businesses with their sales & marketing, so if you need any free help with this let me know.

Sounds a fab day out, and for a great casue. Do you have a club in mind for the flyball demonstration?

This sounds a great day out for the dobermutt. Now she's spayed we don't have to worry about her coming into season just when all the dog days out take place. She would love to have a go at agility although she doesn't do tunnels or corners. £2 entry sounds better, that way the benefitting charities get a better deal and I agree you would probably attract one or two mobile food vans if they've no other major events taking place that same day if you've lots of space you could consider a mini car boot too and I know the focus is dogs but other charities such as Sheffield Hallam Cats Protection may be looking for local fetes and fairs to set up stall, very few opportunities elsewhere now unless they're prepared to fork out a fortune

Tigger - again with the advice - thank you. Will look into having "doggy" craft type stalls and maybe a pet artist/cartoon type thing too. Will have our own stall out I hope (if I get enough help to be able to do everything). Looking more and more positive this is.

We have some very talented artists here on the forum who might be up for tjis

Sounds a fab day out, and for a great casue. Do you have a club in mind for the flyball demonstration?

Yes - the one that uses our venue for training (seemed only fair!!!).

I appreciate the input - thank you very very much.

This years event is a "taster" - hopefully it will be a huge success and we will do it again next year (and on).

2011 is all about the dogs for us so, if you are:-

A doggy artist or characteurist/cartoonist

A doggy themed "crafty" person

run a hydrotherapy pool

a representative of Dog Lost

are a doggy physio/chiropractor

A "doggy" charity

A groomer (may have one wanting a stall, not sure at the moment)

Please feel free to get in touch

Please also feel free to get in touch if you are a "doggy thing" that I have not mentioned (but not a pet shop)

We have the kitchen covered and a photographer will be coming along too - will also be getting in touch with the local rag to see if we can get some coverage that way.

I reckon that the side of the agility ring will be used for the flyball demo, the agility ring will be used for the agility (obviously!!!!), I know the area which will be used for the scurries as we have already started to build it!!!!, I think that the "shops" would fit comfortably in the area we use to practise agility, as would a small "ring" for the companion dog show - does anyone know anyone who would judge this at all - I would like someone who appreciates that the whole day is about fun with your dog - not neccessarily a "show" judge. This would leave a car park with space for 60 or so cars plus a huge grassed area for other parking - is £1 per car parking too much to ask too?? Was thinking about keeping the entry fees/pay on the day fees at £1 as I know most folk do not have just the one dog and do not want them to do less because of costs (hope that makes sense).

Just to make something clear - we intend to donate some of the proceeds to doggy charities - these may or may not be there on the day - it is hoped that the charities present enjoy a day of raised profile/funds as part of being there - again, that sentence made sense in my head, hope it does on here!!!!!

Oh, and should perhaps add that if you dont tell me in advance (by the 30th of June) that you will be coming along with your stall - then there may not be any space for you!!!!!

Charity stalls will stand for no charge (obviously) - there will be a nominal charge for the others.

Can anyone tell I am thinking as I type?!?!?!