Android. Updates, tips, general banter thread

Im now running cyanogen mod 7 on both my galaxy s and nexus s on android 2.3.2

Im also running the speedmod kernal on the galaxy s with it overclocked. Very fast and amazing battery life. Just a few bugs but it is in beta stage so cant complain.

Apps to sd is good but anyone wanting to do this wether its by clockwork mod like i do by partitioning the sd or by the os itself, froyo for instance make sure you have a good sd card and not some cheap ass chinese crap.

Also dont put your everyday widgets u use on sd such as clocks and stuff.

Gona try this new honeycomb rom on my nexus today so il post what thats like

Edited by rottenmonkey

honeycomb is designed for larger screen tablet devices, so it wont be very good on a phone.

Yes i know this but i like to play lol

ive seen it on nexus one on you tube and stumbled upon it on xda for the s.

No network coverage yet on it or sound i think it said.

looks like i need to go back to school. And here's me just wanting to see if i can get Apps to save to SD card.

Good news. Got my desire on its way, though it is second hand, it has a shed load of warrenty left, so i may leave the wonderfull world of rooting it until that runs out. would hate to void that.

looking forward to more rooting and app ideas though, its interesting to see what's out there

I'm using Cyanogen 7 on my Orange San Francisco, a lot of the people who were hacking the pulse have moved on to that phone now.

Cyanogen is a great rom.

I'm using Japanese Jellyfish on the SF at the moment. I can't believe how much faster and smoother the phone is, especially with ADW Launcher and SetCPU.

I'm using Japanese Jellyfish on the SF at the moment. I can't believe how much faster and smoother the phone is, especially with ADW Launcher and SetCPU.

CM7 is going to be very good, in a few weeks once most of the major bugs are fixed, it's still in development. It's faster & prettier than Japanese Jellyfish, because it's based on Android 2.3 with a lot of customisation. It uses ADW Laucher by default & the included cpu overclocking app is better than setcpu.

see i differ from you 2. im a launcher pro user. not standard by any means. i have custom dock icons aswell as desktop visulaizer to resize and make custom program widgets for my home screen. facebook twitter for eg. widget locker to add widgets to the lockscreen and i also use setcpu. probably because im used to it. if its not broke dont fix it hahaha

anywebsite that honeycomb rom was pants lol

great boot screens but too unusable on a small screen.

Edited by rottenmonkey

search market for go launcher ex.

came accross this the other day. quite a nice little home alternative this. it also alows to group apps like iphone does. nice feature.