LPG - Is it worth it?

Good responses so far every1 - lots for potential LPG'ers to think about!

Edited by d_baggie
Revision

Buy one already converted. its too expensive to have your existing car done, as it would take time to recover the cost. Even the, you still have to buy another car, and would still need to recover the price of the car.

Buy one already converted. its too expensive to have your existing car done, as it would take time to recover the cost. Even the, you still have to buy another car, and would still need to recover the price of the car.

With the parking concession and reduced fuel price, my conversion paid for itself in less than 2 years.

It's true that some insurers wouldn't touch me, others couldn't care & the rest just made me pay another £100 on the excess.

With the parking concession and reduced fuel price, my conversion paid for itself in less than 2 years.

That all depends on your yearly mileage...the OP says thay only do around 2k miles/year...not too much of a saving to be had there..

Don't forget your free city centre parking (in Sheffield)

That is a myth.

That is a myth.

are you sure?....http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/travel/driving/parking/green-parking

are you sure?....http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/travel/driving/parking/green-parking

Its rather like the London congestion charge. The devil is in the detail. So if your car wasn't supplied new as an LPG fueled vehicle, or it wasn't converted using a government registered converter, or the conversion kit wasn't on the list of government approved kits, or etc etc... It don't apply.

Its rather like the London congestion charge. The devil is in the detail. So if your car wasn't supplied new as an LPG fueled vehicle, or it wasn't converted using a government registered converter, or the conversion kit wasn't on the list of government approved kits, or etc etc... It don't apply.

Has anyone applied for one with a conversion certificate?