Most luxurious bus you've been on in Sheffield.

luxurious? bus? is it even grammatically correct to use those two words in the same sentence? :D

The last luxurious bus I got on was front engined, rear entry, blue and cream and had a conductor/ess. It left on time, the driver didn't have an attitude because his sole purpose was to drive, the conductor/ess was an ambassador for the company - SCTD - and if there was a cretin on board they were ejected forthwith. Oh, and if it snowed they still ran ...................

By the way, they were AEC, Leyland, GUY, etc.

The seats were hard as nails, the temperature was cold as Siberia, the noise was slightly louder than an elephant having its cobblers crushed, but it was a damn sight more pleasant than today's 'mass transport' experience ...... and comparatively cheaper too.

The last luxurious bus I got on was front engined, rear entry, blue and cream and had a conductor/ess. It left on time, the driver didn't have an attitude because his sole purpose was to drive, the conductor/ess was an ambassador for the company - SCTD - and if there was a cretin on board they were ejected forthwith. Oh, and if it snowed they still ran ...................

The seats were hard as nails, the temperature was cold as Siberia, the noise was slightly louder than an elephant having its cobblers crushed, but it was a damn sight more pleasant than today's 'mass transport' experience ...... and comparatively cheaper too.

Happy days :D

Sometimes I catch the TM route 43 and that sometimes has leather style seats and a flat screen TV at the front showing different views of the interior.

Put it on the chavvy 47'48 route though and it will look like a dossers paradise inside a few weeks.

It's not First or their drivers that scatter all that crap all over the floors y'know.

like this one perhaps?

ex Sheffield 874 (7874 WJ) - preserved

The best bus I have been on for ages was in Shhh Whisper it....L**ds! The number 4 to St Jame Hospital is amazing. A bright purple bendy bus with tinted windows and the strangest collection of conductors I have ever seen, they must have been employed for their entertainment value alone. One day there was no one collecting money at all and everyone got a free ride!. Only spoiled by the one driver who actually yelled at me for standing by the door and not getting off cos it was the wrong stop! He must have known that we were getting off at the hospital oncology wing and he still yelled, it still makes me teary when I think bout it now .

My dad works for TM, he likes diving the 293 he says the people are all so loveley, its nice to read this thread i shall be telling mi old pop:)

Sometimes Stagecoach run the 50 bus from Eckington to Sheffield and it is a kind of National Express coach really pleasant. They are clean with individual heaters in the winter and are air conditioned in the summer, they have tinted windows and are smooth and quiet. But most of the time its a bone shaker that stinks, bellows out loads of black smoke, is freezing in the winter with water streaming down the inside of the windows and like a sauna in the summer when the heaters are broken blowing hot air in the bus at full speed and you have to shout to the person you are talking too.

But who am I to complain.

I caught a 293 TM Travel bus the other day to Sheffield from Woodseats.

293 does not go via Woodseats

I have always found the TM travel buses clean and comfortable and also the drivers are friendly and ready for a banter with you:)

293 does not go via Woodseats

Perhaps there was a diversion on?

I definitely caught a TM bus. Forgive for getting the number wrong if I did, I was overwhelmed by the cleanliness!

By far the best bus I have been on in Sheffield was 'Kai's Executive Travel'. It is a mini bus for private hire and it is ace! Serious amount of fairy lights, a playstation and music. We had a great time! :)xx